Senior Contributor

For wrightcattle (Markwright)

wrightcattle,

I was reading a cattle related forum on a different website this week, and noticed a totally different atmosphere than there had been a few weeks ago.  It has definitely turned pessimistic.  Your July 28, 2014, prediction of "Granted, folks ain't gonna trade and keep current, soooo a $14 cwt DOWN correction In / thru Dec." was dead on.  That downturn has been enough for all of the bears to come out of hibernation and depress everyone.  (No offense intended to the bears who read this, I happen to be one.)  Your positive attitude and optimistic outlook definitely improved the atmosphere of that forum.

It can be very difficult to decipher how much one person contributes to a website when someone is actively on it.  I think few realized how much you contributed to that website until you were gone.  Optimists are few and far between, and an optimist with your knowledge of cattle, who is willing to share his knowledge daily with anyone on an internet forum for free is nearly impossible to replace.  it is very sad that the individuals in charge of that forum chose to ban you and lose the incredible wealth of knowledge that you possess.

I am grateful that you chose to join this forum, and that you are still posting.  Hopefully, more posters will discover that you are still online, and chose to post more on this forum.  Most of the posts regarding your absence topped 10,000 views (more than one went over 30,000).  The number of views tells me that tens of thousands of people read and benefited from your posts.

The way that the moderators on the other forum have chosen to ignore legitimate questions that have been asked by several posters is disheartening.  The moderators decision to ban a poster (especially one who has contributed as much to their website as you have contributed almost daily for five years) without giving an explanation for their actions, shows a lack of character, and an inability to justify their actions.  This evening, I hesitantly posted my disappointment with their inconsistent enforcement of forum rules and with the lack of transparency with the decisions that have been made in the Cafe forum of their website.  It is my expectation that they will ignore that post, as they have ignored all of the others.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of cattle.  Your uncanny ability to predict the cattle market is fun to read.  Please keep posting.

Stephanie Jones