Honored Advisor

Re: technology increasing production

tayta,

If you are in an area that has farming, I would go to an implement dealer and ask for a few names of farmers who are using technology.  Like autosteer, mapping, spray control or seed placement data.......... that kind of stuff....  It aint cheap and the dealers will know who thinks it is worth buying technology.

Then I would contact a few and try to get a few interviews so you can take notes....

The effect of technology is very great in some areas, especially those that have larger fields and farms.  There will be a lot of info.

And you will find that a lot of that same info has already been published by those trying to sell the technology.....

Remember not every benefit published will benefit the same everywhere, if that were so you wouldn't need to do the interviews....

It is a matter of applicability and adaptation by individual farmers.....

I will give you one simple example...... Autosteer, the ability to use satalite signals to steer the tractor............ 

Planter operator training without autosteer will take a year to be as good as I expect.....  With autosteer a week for pretty good profeciency.  Why,  simply because when the operator doesn't have to concentrate to learn to follow a line precisely in all field conditions, he or she learns the operation and care of the planter itself much faster....

And with that small point we haven't even mentioned the improved stress level, improved acres per hour, prevention of overlap, fewer seeds planted or lack of marker cost and damage.......

I know this is pretty late coming -------- and probably too late.  I am sorry you have not had a response before this

Subject Author Kudos Posted
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 ‎02-23-2015 11:08 AM
0 ‎05-25-2015 05:39 PM