Honored Advisor

Re: Farming More Dangerous Than Police Work

I know and would not change it............

But you got to change the way you read statistics......

People who put together stats have limited knowledge.... and usually it begins at some government agency...

Farming and Police are careers that are not comparable for a lot of reasons.....  I'll carry my grandson... and do whatever needs to be done on the farm for at least the 4 hours a day I have energy......

But I am not walking up to a strange car with my hand on a gun....... and God bless those that do...

Bureaucrats publish statistics..... and often the statistics are not worth reading, because fools will compare apples and oranges and not know the difference.

I do not want mandatory retirement.  I want farmers who are wise enoungh to back away for the good of themselves and their family.  Like us pilots when the time comes.

I am just saying to make the statistics comparable farming will have to have mandatory retirement.  ------- 

Jim, The best answer is "Stop reading the crap the government puts out".   Or at least see who is funding this "project" to tell others how to live.....

And if possible, lets just let our congressmen know that the department that put out those stats are waisting taxpayer money.