10-05-2012 12:34 PM
Does anyone know the OSHA requirements for farmers? I'm not trying do the bare minimum, I just want to know:
- What documentation is required?
- Are bi-weekly or monthly safety meetings with employees required?
- What training or how much is required (ie can it be written or verbal training)?
- Does an employee need to sign off on it or do we just keep a notebook that on X date we told X employee how to do something?
- How often does it need to be done?
- Is there a walk-through checklist available for a farm site or shop?
- What personal protective equipment is necessary and where does it need to be kept? (ie in every pickup, in a shop, w/in certain distance of work location?
We keep our shop relatively clean; however we've had a couple people through who are involved in manufacturing facilities and they could easily see things that would be considered violations in their indusstry; however I don't know where to start. Sometimes what a OSHA might require I wouldn't even give a thought about. We keep getting calls from a company selling a safety services product/subscription. We took out a one-time subscription. They used misleading sales tactics/pricing. They just keep calling about a renewal. That's what prompted the thoughts regarding OSHA compliance.