Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

who at the site do you notify if a tractor ad ag.com is running in the classifieds is a scam?

[ Edited ]

Buyer Beware!

The ad for the 2007 Kubota M7040 for $2900.00 is a scam!  The picture was pirated from another site on eBay and the initial email contact verbage is identical to craigs list scams with divorced woman wanting to sell with no hassles etc etc etc.  Just a heads up once again that if it's too good to be true, it IS!

Here's how it goes from the scammers end:  I hope seeing this will keep someone else out of trouble later plus help Meridith agri-media purge this crap from a legitimate info site.  The exact scams are running on craigslist as well and now here. 

1st contact:Thanks for being interested in buying my kubota tractor. I'm in Omaha, Ne right now and I have been very busy. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying the tractor. Why is the price so low? I own this tractor at divorce, and I had to move with my new job. So all that I want to do now is to sell the tractor at this price, because I need to sell it fast. It is in immaculate condition, rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident. It has 1194 hours. I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. The price is $2,900 and I'll take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the tractor, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. Regards!

2nd contact: Please give me a little time to explain you the process of this transaction. As I told you in my first email, I divorced, I got a new job and moved to Omaha, Nebraska. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay so my presence isn't necessary. The tractor is located in Omaha, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The tractor will arrive at your address in 2-3 working days. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the tractor! You will have 5 days to test it and inspect it. If you intend to move ahead and conclude this transaction, please email me back with the following information:  Your Full Name - Required by eBay (You'll receive important guidelines + instructions from them.) Your Shipping Address and Phone Number - Required by the Shipping company (They will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the tractor). After I will have all this details I will forward them to eBay and I will proceed this transaction. eBaywill contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that i am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.