Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

2011 SURE Pmts

Are being paid out...  If you had a Federal Crop Loss in 2011 you might want to get your name on the "list" at the FSA office.

First thing is to call your office and ask them to put your name on the "list" .

After a while they will call you in to sign the papers and a week or 10 days later WA LA. Money in the bank of your choice under your name.

No way to pre figure it, no rhyme or reason to the amount. I have heard of from 20% of what you got in Fed Crop pmts to way more than the total. Sign up period is NOW.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
Doug N

Re: 2011 SURE Pmts

You are incorrect on your assumptions. There is a formula used to calculate your payment. My farm had losses on 3/4 of our units but the other 1/4 was good enough and it balanced out and we got zero payment. I don't know if every county is the same but here having a production loss triggered the SURE claim at the FSA. 

Frequent Contributor
ND Farmer 1

Doug is exactly correct. Same situation here....

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

[ Edited ]

I had a high % loss in Kansas and a small % loss here in South Podunk country... The Kansas pmt was negated by the huge pmt here at home. Was told there was no way to prefigure/guess.The gal at the office told about an unnamed farmer that had losses on all their farms but had no SURE Pmt. She had NO explanation other than you put the #'s in the system and it kicks out the amount or lack of one.

I did not have harvest price option and near as I can figure it made up the difference. Go figure, and I did not have the premium to pay.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
Doug N

There is a formula and actually some universities put out spreadsheets where you could enter your numbers and calculate your payment total. Have known since last spring what our situation is. Your level of insurance, actual yield, whether you had pp or not, as well as other factors all played into it. Your lady at FSA may not know the program, but do a little research and you can figure it out.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

I'm going to save the lead in my pencil to figure out how to spend all that green.

Veteran Contributor
bullrider685114

Ummm...you do understand that the form that you signed is a disclaimer that says that if any mistakes are made by the FSA in the calculation of your payment that the entire SURE payment must be repaid with interest. And they could not tell me when the statute of limitations would run out! 10 years from now you may have a Liability to the USDA from a long forgotten SURE payment from 2011 losses. Gotta love it!!!!

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

I volunteer to help you spend it.   :smileyhappy:

It's a sacrafice I am willing to make.  :smileyhappy:     To be neighborly and all.

sw
Senior Contributor
NDf

Unless all of  your land is considered one farm, a lost on one piece of land shouldn't be negated by a good crop on another if its not in the same farm unit. Also in my case anyway my different farm units with FSA are different then my individual units with federal crop units so it can be hard to determine what the pay out is compared to what was recieved from fed crop

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Also thought if you got a crop insurance payment, that most likely kicked you out of getting any sure payment.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"