Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

A few thoughts and questions

[ Edited ]
This is a modified email I sent out and got some teriffic responses to yesterday can anybody else add a few of their thoughts and observations?

First off it's nice to see some green on the grains screen again

Are the cattle feeders covered till harvest? The Burlington RR cut freight rates from the northern Ohio valley area for unit trains of wheat into cattle country. Did the feeders get enough to carry them through harvest? Then with the cattle liquidations the last 20 months are they able to acquire the cattle to use up great quantities of grain as "usual"?

Is the ethanol thing going to pull the rabbit out of the hat for us?

The bean thing is mystifying me to no end. SA shipping record amounts, China cancelling some from here and having a chicken flu issue again. Up another 9 as of a little bit ago with a +100 basis @ Bunge West (Council Bluffs, Iowa) and +95 @Morristown(Rushville, Ind, the rumoris they may close for a few months this summer due to no beans). Are the bins all empty, or are the doors welded shut, or a combo? Long time till a combine runs in North America for a bean crop.

What if anything is going to be planted on the failed wheat acres? Then the next question is will it make anything anyway but a crop ins check? Still very little or none in the subsoil moisture dept west of hwy 81.

Wish I could peer behind the curtain and see what the wizard is doing and seeing on his screen.  Where is Toto when you need him?
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Community Manager
marketeye

Re: A few thoughts and questions

Hobbyfarmer,

I have to say, this is the best market-related post I have seen this week. Nice observations on the particular segments of the market. You present some interesting questions for folks to ponder. I agree on you point about the green grain arrows. Finally, to add another question onto your pile, I'm hearing the Canadian cattle feeders are filling up on U.S. DDG. Maybe, with less cattle in the U.S., DDGs have found a new home?

Mike

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Can we have an "off topic" section as a reward?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Hobby, I am going figure 8 racing tonite. Maybe I will post a pick of that later! haha
Thanks for all the info guys
Advisor
giolucas

Most of the posts are OFF Topic.  

Senior Contributor
ray h.

It is my belief that there is something in that little black bag for us come latter in the season as the combines start proving a point.There is production problems in,Mex,Aus,UK,U.S.A. allbrewing or manifested already!The combines just have to prove it,and the trade just has to catch enough wind at just the right time to get on board,(they have to make$ to.) Just grosses a guy out tyhat their production cost are not what the producers is!

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Gio: said..."Most of the posts are OFF Topic."

I put a very on topic post up and this is the best you can do?

This is an Ag site with real farmers and everything. You run a rub joint and a used building sales business.

You want us to tell and give you all the insights so you can successfully trade a product completely out of your line of work.

Are you contributing or just a hanger on'er?

Did you ever hear the quote "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"?

Your turn at bat. 

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Rub joint ?  I thought it  was roll a joint -- lmao  Oh dam it I off topic AGAIN  lol

Come on gio -- post a responce to hobby's questions -- I sent mine back to him on his e mail

Advisor
giolucas

Hobby
whatever you want to call me is fine with me. obviously you are a sensitive one. i didn't know this site was for real farmers. tell me which site has the fake ones. take your advice. chill.
Senior Advisor
ECIN

[ Edited ]

gio -- thats ok -- heck I'm not a marketer either --- lmao -- this year proved that - lol