Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

A problem with soy

The current wait for loading ships at the port in Parana is double last year @ 36 days - already. If like recent years the majority of beans are probably committed. I would surmise that getting squeezed is in someone's future.

Add to that a quite different situation in Argentina due to rampant inflation. Farmers there are holding tight to beans as a hedge against inflation and are just paying essential bills and apparently committing only 10% of production. All they know is that beans hold value against inflation on the global market. And that's all they have.
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: A problem with soy

Absolutely no one in Chicago seems to care........

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Pal - I read a article on this the other day , It seems that there Gov. Is not to happy over this , that being the farmers NOT selling there beans , they sell in dollars and get paid in peso's - I think I have that right , so they get more peso's by holding .

The article said the Gov . May put some kind of tax on the farmers for holding , it listed like 3 or 4 other things they might try to do to get them to sell , but dam If I can remember them all .

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

It ultimately matters little what Chicago thinks today.
Veteran Contributor
farm-n-hawk

No shnit. They're too into what the charts are saying and some fantasy fairytail yields predicted by usda instead of REALITY!

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

i thought most of em' just read the tape & were focused on how much REAL $$$ they can make each day.

Senior Contributor
pritchh

Are those net bullish or bearish / held back =s producers who want to sell for less - as history tells us.

World stks / use is in good shape.

With trendline 2013 crops beans will be 7ish by fall.