Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Academy------ I need some marketing grad hours.

[ Edited ]

I have decided to sacrifice some personal spending to take part in the Marketing Academy.

My marketing advice in 2013 could use a little more refining ------------ maybe a transplant of heart.

I will be in Kc for the first one Dec 2.  Hope to see a few of you there.

Deadline is approaching ------- consider it!!

sw
Veteran Advisor
Jim Meade / Iowa City

Re: Academy------ I need some marketing grad hours.

Those of us who subsribe to Roy "Soy Roy" Smith's annual newsletter that comes out once a month for $25/year or so know that Roy posts his trades and gtives a position recap each month.

It will be interesting, educational and persuasive if the SF Marketing Academy wallahs begin a similar public posting of a notional, typical corn belt grain farm that harvests let's say 100,000 bushels of corn and 25,000 bushels of soybeans, all of which are sold.  That would be a 1,000 acre farm split evenly with 200 bpa corn and 50 bpa soybeans.  I figured those numbers are close enough and are more or less round numbers.    If someone has more realistic numbers for a good corn belt farm we can use yours.  

What do you think?

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

[ Edited ]

deleted

Sorry Jim I missunderstood.

sw
Veteran Advisor
Jim Meade / Iowa City

I meant the Successful Farming staff post according to what they learned from the instruction.

Community Manager
marketeye

sw3635235,

You are not alone looking for grain marketing help. I'm hearing everyday from farmers that are really really concerned about this market, where it's headed, and how they will have to figure out how to manage the risk. I'm not blowing this up just to get sign-up;s. Folks, we are trying to help farmers. I want to stress to all Marketing Talk farmers, bankers, absentee landowners, and others that this Marketing Academy can really help you develop some foundational practices for your risk management. I encourage folks to read what some of the farmers thart have completed the course thought of it. Here are just a few:

Full story: Marketing Academy proves benefical

Thaks,

Mike