Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Ag Outlook Forum

[ Edited ]

The trade is trying to get a handle on what the USDA/WASDE Ag Outlook Conference will produce in the way of Supply/Demand estimates.

Video of Ag Outlook preview.

What are your thoughts? It seems that Friday morning's corn and soybean ending stocks numbers will be closely watched. Any guesses? Or, do you have bigger fish to fry?

Thanks,

Mike

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: Ag Outlook Forum

I highly doubt that there is anyone out there that thinks that this report is gonna have any bullish news whatsoever.  Record high planted acres, trendline yields, and lower usage meaning a much higher carryout seems to be what everyone is predicting.   I don't think that there will be any surprises.  Gotta catch the fish before you can fry them.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
Mike M2692830

Mike, my guess is that the USDA will project a 94-95 million acre planted number with trendline yield. After that it is all mathematics. We producers can scream at the top of our lungs how this is not possible because of this and that etc but until the weather starts determining some outcomes, there is nothing else to go by....MikeM

Community Manager
marketeye

It sure sounds like spring planting will be favorable. I realize there is plenty of time for the conditions to change. But, if farmers had to go out and plant today, you might see that 95.0 million acreage number, huh?

I'm told Friday morning's the time to watch for market-impacting information coming out of the USDA Ag Outlook. We'll see.

Mike

Senior Contributor
GoredHusker

I'm having a hard time seeing how the report could be deemed bearish considering the trade has already factored in roughly 95 million acres being planted and knows USDA will use trendline yield.  I'd venture to guess old crop corn will have a lot more say in new crop prices between now and July than weather.