John_Walter

Re: re: You need another option John

Kraft-t.: Good point. Thanks.

I wonder what the other responses would be from those who checked "Other?"

John

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

I guess your right John. 20% did check other.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Actually you need another one for krafty.......

Have none to sell, sold it all last winter with a 5...........

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Good one MT.  I selected other on the poll because I'm already sold.  My total bushels was 8.3% of my APH, so I sold it across the scale.  Probably left a little money on the table, but I was ready to close the books on 2012.  It was still a very respectable price, didn't feel I had enough bushels to truly attach my heart to the market.  Just for the record, when you guys talk corn, I'm substituting milo for myself and keep posting accordingly.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

[ Edited ]

I checked other also. Two of the other choices have a part in the selling but there are tax issues and the news and gut feeling are also a consideration here. The finding of the "right" capital expenditure will trigger sales regardless of price.

As far as a set target price nope don't have one of those. Maybe should have a little more discipline but hard for an old dog to learn some of those "new to me" tricks.

I'm not feeling a real need just to sell for the sake of trading one form of "currency" (bu)for numbers on a pretty strip of paper. (fiat money).

My gut feeling is we are short for at least 7 more months in the corn side and therefore there is no rush or hurry needed. Beans are a much shorted timeline but may get quite interesting by the last couple of weeks of Jan. Basis may have to do the heavy lifting, but the fundamentals point to a pinch in available supplies the first half of Feb to me.

I am NO expert and this is worth just a little less than you paid for it. 

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
semndairyguy

Re: AgPoll: Selling 2012 corn

I chose other too cause I sold it off the combine cause I had bills to pay. And the rest I will sell by the CWT or walk off the farm one quarter or half at a time.