Advisor
c-x-1

Anyone else......

.......track the open interest in C/B?

and/or have an opinion on how accurate USDA bean #'s will be tomorrow?

thanks.

Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

Re: Anyone else......

Should b lower than last year. Truth is hard to come by... Brasil has increased acres due to us uncertainty
Advisor
c-x-1

substantial open interest increase in beans during last 10 day sideways has my attn.  

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

The bean number will be Accurate for the USDA - and thats all that matters -- Remeber that it is info. gathered over the last month - it will take till Jan. / 14 report to know what beans did ------------- OR didn't do Just my cent and a half
Advisor
c-x-1

10-4 on that ole buddy - initially, chartwise, i was thinking # would come down enough to continue uptrend, but after a nice rally since 8/6 - and this ramping up of OI During sideways is ????

so here's what i'm thinking on this report - maybe a violent rxn both ways

Veteran Contributor
Canuck5

CX.  What does this increase in o/i mean to you?  Are the funds loading one side or the other of their boat?  Thought they were net long about an average amount - at least going into the period you mention.   I hope they are not too long at this point or we could be in for a downward correction.   Maybe I'm all wrong here.........

Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

open interest and volume is reported ea day on cmegroup.com

so, i don't know who's taking on positions - last time i posted about this phenom, it turned out to be EVERYONE (comm, specs, spread)

cot every fri reveals details of all pos -- net change from prior week.

Advisor
c-x-1

today's quiet (building of tension) action in C/B would be comensurate with poss aforementioned action tomorrow.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

The rocket is on the lauching pad......................................:smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
BF2012

Yield Guesstimates vs Reality

Corn getting shelled down here 24-28%.   Growers who were bringing it in said they were sure the yields would be somewhere between 170-190.   Actual Yield 120-130.   Reality bites.