Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
p-oed Farmer

Argentina corn?........

We all remember last summer when it got hot and what it did to the corn..... Well to me the Argentines will be looking at the same type of situation here in the next few days (8 to 10)...... Mid 90' to the low 100's...... This will effect there corn yields no matter how much it might rain..... The only problem is the weather forecast is for no rain....... IMHO..... If things do not change down there real soon..... We will have a market this winter that I thought would only happen next summer if it were to get hot and dry around here....... p-oed

This information is worth what you payed for it...... :~)
Advisor
nwobcw

Re: Argentina corn?........

The stock market is picking up.  The big boys only have so much money to spend.

Veteran Contributor
redrotor

• What are the night time temps? It's my understanding that's what burned us.
Frequent Visitor
GetAfterIt

Regardless of what happens overseas or with foreign demand...to a certain extent are we not at the whims of the rest of the US economy and the Dollar? 

I hear a lot of talk lately about how 2011 will see a resurge in stock market "re-investment" and wouldn't this inherently strengthen the Dollar? 

I look at the prices of corn and soybeans, I look at the profitability heading into 2011, and it makes me wonder how many of us are delusional enough to think that it "has" to go higher?! 

Everybody is talking about an acre battle going into spring...but when everyone is talking about it, it is usually to late...

Senior Contributor
p-oed Farmer

Red....... Yes it would be interesting as to what there night time temps are...... But if you remember the reason that the night time temp was important was for US was we were not that dry overall....... If we had been dry with the hot temps we would have had a lot lower yields than we had.......p-oed

This information is worth what you payed for it...... :~)
Frequent Contributor
gbryce

Re: Nighttime temps

Here is a link to Cordobas weather with nightime temps, not sure how to find a map, or which cities are near major corn growing areas

http://worldweather.wmo.int/050/c00855f.htm#wxforecast

The Best of Luck !
Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

GetAfterIt I don't see this market falling anytime soon, even if Argentina gets rain soon this market wont go down until we here in the US are on track for a good crop. You might be right but that's my two cents.