Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

As bad as a frost.

These fields were green 10 days ago. I've never seen crops burn up so fast. Looks like the cool temps earlier were hiding a lot of the drought stress. It's been a difficult year. 14" of snow in May. Wet as he11 till the end of June. Now this............IMG_0015.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0021.JPGIMG_0019.JPGIMG_0020.JPG

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: As bad as a frost.

All but the way late stuff in central Iowa looks exactly like your corn picture. Mine included.

I saw a few beans like that around Grand Junction, Iowa.  Many will be there next week if we miss the rain this weekend.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

some of the yellow in the beans could be sudden death

Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

Yep, sudden death from a week of 95 degrees and 45 days with no rain.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Wow........the boys in Chicago have some serious rationing to do........But the question is, willl the USDA let them?  They have really painted themselves into a corner.  And it appears that there is now only one way out.  That direction may be straight up.  :smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
BF2012

[ Edited ]

I wouildn't count on it.   Only way we go higher is if the pipeline goes empty and someone can't source a supply....until then, the party goes on forever and the USDA funny numbers prevail   End of Story.

A_holes are puckering over at RMA.   There will be a need to maintain prices near spring guarantee to avoid huge payouts....so don't look for the cat to be out of the bag until all accounts are settled.  

A neighbor is an agent, and unfortunately I have all the adjusters in the area on speed dial from last to clusterforks in 2011 and 2012.   Word on the street is we;re looking at a worse case scanario on beans vs 2012....and there will be plenty of corn claims piling in.