Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

B-Team weather talk

There are guys in here a lot smarter than I am who have the markets cornered for everybody. I just dug through the latest weather reports from the last few hours and days, and wow, are things changing fast. They may be shutting down the Drought Monitor website before too long, because at the rate it's receding, there may not be a drought in a couple months! It stormed all night here and was still raining this morning. We had a couple inches in Des Moines, and there were spots down around the Iowa-Missouri border that have had 6 inches since yesterday evening. 

So, how's everybody feeling about where you sit right now? 

-----------------------------------------------
Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
Senior Contributor
Wind

Re: B-Team weather talk

Jeff,

I dumped 2.65" from the gauge this morning (a 24 hour total)  so that makes 4.68" for the month. It came very nice so very little if any erosion.  I took a long walk this morning and the tile we installed last fall is running.:smileyhappy:  It's the cold tempts. that is a concern for me.  We needed the rain.  May planted corn and beans will do fine.

It would be nice if the heavy rain axis would shift 250 miles west and help out our western brethren. West of Des Moines.

Wind

Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Boy, isn't that the truth, Wind? If our pals over in Nebraska could catch some of this, it could make a world of difference over there. I hope that can happen!

Looks like traders are finally starting to trade the fallin' rain. Is it because it's raining cats and dogs in Chicago now? 

Jeff Caldwell
Advisor
giolucas

[ Edited ]

Jeff,

It has been raining for the last two days HARD and the price of beans have been going up. 

figure that one out.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Perhaps someone actually wants the physical soybeans............:smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Advisor
giolucas

ALL of them??

Senior Contributor
highyields

SENE is getting wet,, we went from dust to ducks in a matter of a few weeks.   the tiles are not running yet though. we needed the rain.  

Senior Contributor
rswfarms

One of my Custom Farm Operators has just told me we have now recieved over 4 inches of rain in Northern Iowa. This is 90 miles due north of Des Moines, up Highway I-35. We have standing water in our fields, he also told me we have a blow-out of a large main Tile that the lateral tiles feed into on a 320 acre corn field. I probably should have spent more money on running some additional tiles on this farm. In Iowa, we always lose 10,000x more corn yield to excess water than we lose to drought. Seems I have fought too much water, not enough, in my years of farming in Iowa. This excess water/rain issue is getting old.

Veteran Contributor
centralillinois

Local corn dropped 16 cents today.  When does Mike get back?

Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Hey, usually it's the other way around! Ha! I'll try to whip 'em up overnight!

Jeff Caldwell