Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Beans the big story?

As alluded to by others it is starting to look like beans might be the big story this fall.  Pod counts are low and weather for filling pods is less than ideal.  Unless we see widespread soaking rains in the next 10 days to two weeks I think beans production is is real trouble.  Much more so than corn.  The big question remains weather the funds come to the table.  Have a feeling they will but might wait until combines roll to really get into the swing of things.  This could get very interesting.  Peak beans anyone?  Just kidding!

Senior Contributor
Buckley_HF

Re: Beans the big story?

Steve I would have to agree. Although I think we are going to be disappointed with the final corn yield as well more than its perceived now. Not sure where you are in IL but from Kankakee to Watseka to Chenoa to Bloomington the crops are starting to look rough. Corn firing and the beans have that wilted silver look to them. The forecast this week looks to only compound the problem. The market story with beans sure could be interesting this next few months.
Senior Reader
terracefarmer

PEAK BEANS. with everything we are hearing about frost low pod count etc there sure looks to be a run up coming. any chance beans may pull up the corn prices as well? going to be a strange harvest with lots of surpised in store out in the field. lots of bins going up around here to lock away their corn. looks to be a decent corn crop and a well below average bean crop here.

Advisor
farmerguy89

Peak beans!!!
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

?.............a bean leg in the works like 2007-08, perchance???.......or 2003-2004..........LIKE - meaning magnitude, as a percentage of swing low...................

nail on head IL STEVEO, AS MT USED TO SAY.................

Senior Contributor
BF2012

Stay Tuned

[ Edited ]

The wheels are coming off the USDA Flying Unicorn Yield Bus.  lmao.  I'll bet those Pro Farmer nimrods will be counting every flower as a mature pod.   Truth might start to emerge by planting 2014....

Friend
ndann

I don't know- I am pretty sure that the USDA makes up numbers to suit themselves - figments of their imagination. Our bean and corn yields are both going to be disappointing - as in only combining it to appease insurance - disappointing . Most fields are. Silver or browning - corn that did pollinate is now dead knee high and that was only 75%of the field in the first place. So I say 2.50 corn and 9.00 beans here we coming because it is going to really be a bin buster
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Veteran Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

56%

Of the beans in the USA are NOT planted.

June one is almost here and rain and mud til after that will most surely = a above chance of a short bean harvest.
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
Wind

Steve, I agree on all your points.  The early planted beans look fair to good but need and drink and that is not in the 7 day forecast.  The June planted beans are short and are struggling to set pods. 

Late planted= strike one.  Lack of rain= strike two. Early frost= strike three.  Near perfect weather will be needed for the beans to make it home. CIA.

Advisor
giolucas

That **bleep** lucky number $13 is blocking Novi Beans.