Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
capinegro3901115

Beans/the perfect storm

Trade has been long beans short corn and added to those positions last week.

ARG forecast cooler wetter. China see's the first Braziian beans SHIP to them. China

says there not stock piling beans anymore, going to use subsities. Cancel of old crop US beans

around the corner?? Perfect storm setup

March beans closed under key moving avg's today with no problem. Close under 1255 wont look pretty.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: Beans/the perfect storm

what's your idea of a perfect storm?

Veteran Contributor
capinegro3901115

Dwon she goes under $12

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Soybeans on sale is good for demand........Might be bad for USDA's numbers.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

$12.00 nearest futures will be the best fire sale buy from now till August.

IMO if anyone gets wrapped in the media/China games -- might as well get a gun or a noose and find the gallows.......................

beans are acting very anomalous right now.

i doubt we see prompt below 1250 anytime soon.

Senior Contributor
BF2012

The USDA will

goose the market before it collapses into planting time.   The last thing they need is market mayhem on acreage . . and their little charade with the Chinese could well have unintended consequences.   Bankrupting the Ag Sector isn't in their best interest.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: The USDA will

Thank you BF - US needs to hold onto as many acres as they can AND THEN SOME. she's range-bound 1245-1350 until???

don't believe current prices are buying ANY more acres from last yr.....correct me if i'm wrong here. thanks.

Senior Contributor
BF2012

buying acres

I love planting corn.   If I had my way about it, there wouldn't be a soybean on my farm....yet in 2014 I'll be planting 100% soybeans unless I decide to take the cash rent offer I have on my entire operation.    You should see the pained look on our seed, chemical and fertilzer dealers down here....oh....second only to the crew down at John Deere...seeing how most guys I know can farm for at least the next 10 years and  beyond with the equipment they have.  

Some real fugly stuff is about to go down across the fruited plains this season.   We could bring the entire seed industry to it's knees by cancelling all of our seed orders.   Ya'll rmember that huge production of commercial corn this year.....and the price is now 1/2 of it's previous value?    The seed industry answer for their glut is to put it in storage, cut seed production,, and sell the crap to us over the next 3 years.....or until they decide to sell it to Europe or South America for a nickle on the dollar like they did in the early 90's.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: buying acres

it'll be interesting to see how the C/B mix shakes out for sure.

as it stands from 2 weeks ago US export sales HAVE to show net cancellations over the entire REMAINDER of 2013-2014 mktg yr. to keep ending stocks from falling below 150.

Senior Contributor
ray h.

Re: buying acres

Ya,dudes,I am wondering how much hay lands will go back in depending on those that are not to drought stressed?