Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
sw363535

Best bets

Best bets are laid and the "trade" is saying beans are the favorite to see positive news in the report.

A few brave souls purchased positions in beans.  

sw
Senior Contributor
bkadds

Re: Best bets

What are the bets on corn?  I am hoping for a neutral report with some wild swings during trading till the data is sifted through.

Senior Advisor
sw363535

even without much activity on overnites.  I saw one report saying overnites touched three year record lows this morning, but that could be said most mornings.

We are for sure searching for support.  

I talked to the ethanol guy this morning they are buying a little but nothing to write home about.

We had a more lengthy discussion about a cool fall, the lack of drying capacity area wide, and extended-slow harvest.  The problems that come with a cool wet fall.

sw
Senior Contributor
giolucas

Sw,

I have risked many times before, sometimes I got smacked and sometimes I got lucky.  Since I have had a good year, I do not want to risk any.  I will just wait.  

Senior Advisor
sw363535

gio ---- ,morning 

We shorted beans a little just because we were looking for a hedge position and beans are still at a historically good(and profitable) price.

Small amount but mostly I am out with the personal account.  Trying to be patient as well.

sw
Senior Advisor
sw363535

gio ------

did beans get the report early? or is there another issue, like a little export business on the front side of the report??

sw
Senior Contributor
giolucas

[ Edited ]

Sw, 

Many, many moons ago, I worked as a traders assistance in the corn pit and I learned that you needed to have ammunition (money) to stay in the this business long term.  If you lose your ammo you have to get a job.

Someone got a copy of the report.  Beans are acting too confident.  How come we did not get the memo?

Senior Advisor
sw363535

appears that way --------- overnite was up 8-9 but the good action has been after the open, someone has some confidence for some reason.

sw