Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Biggest Island Reversal ever seen!

Novie continuation: 9 month island. Hmmm. Can you say break-a-way gap?

ScreenShot049.gif

Senior Contributor
NDf

Re: Biggest Island Reversal ever seen!

So are you buying it? Looks good for me a producer.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

NDf,

interesting --i found post from 6/1 where i bet a steak dinner on corn prod and you took me up on it.--see previous post.

i began scaling in Sep on Tues 8/7 - rule of thumb is to double up on break-a-way gaps....so I'll roll to Nov tomorrow and add 30% or so on some kind of pullback, but lord this thing is already going to the moon U +50, X +53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/Bean-low-Mon/td-p/369976

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

14-16 days is common and looking like pattern we could be in for #1 impulse - - might flatten, give it a few days???

while break-a-way and run-a-way gaps are incisive, they are also temporarily capitulative in nature - give up of first wave of players on wrong side.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

while I'm disserting, mind as well flesh out all possibilities...........while not leaning this route, the gap could be an exhastion of 14-16 day mini #1 impulse ---- if this is case, X could correct back to 1300-1275 area.

considering the weather and daily shrinkage of production, this is a tough one, however --just have to see how far -A- leg sells down to.

Senior Contributor
NDf

CX-1 I remember that, so when can I expect a gift certificate? Applebees would surfice. LOL

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

not so fast, my friend......your in N.Dakota?......any beans still alive?........how's corn looking?......Until about a week ago I thought Corn still had 11.7-12.0 left. not anymore, Mother Nature??? seems to have other plans. I just might be back in the game on that one.

They have Outback steakhouse around your parts?

I'm down to 2.6-2.75 on beans!!!!!!!

Senior Contributor
NDf

Beans are shutting down here some of the earlier varienties are losing leaves. Went by a field that had an early varienty and a later planted in the same field the earlier was brown and the later was green. At least with this heat for the next 10 days we won't have to worry about an early frost The corn is holding on surprising well except for the lighter soil. the 10 days of heat will push it in maturity so frost won't be much of and issue there either. Yes we have Outbacks here. BTW I agree with national yield of less than 40 this is like the late Aug dryness that occurred in 2003 and I think the final yield that year was close to 35bu/a  IMO the corn crop is right still around 13b