Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
highyields

Bull headedness on this corn yield

as anyone seen anyone that is so sit on a bumper crop this year and some of these guys in the USDA and a few others scatter around.   I seriely doubt even if it would rain from now on till first of september that I would raise a new record yield for my farm.   Its just like they have to have this crop or we all turn into pumpkins come thanksgiving.    If Im wrong some correct me but wouldn't this be the 3rd year in a row of below "trend line" yields in corn.   Heck the USA has lost a lot over the last few years why not lost top dog position in world corn production too.     Maybe we are at Peak Corn. 

For those of you that hate the idea of conspiracy theory I'm going to through another out at you.  20 years ago I heard some old guys talking, and they said that a certain county in the world has the ability to control fronts and the jet stream.  Now lets just say for instance that there is a certain industry (or two or three) that would really like to pull the plug on this ethanol industry.   Now lets just say for kicks that this industry has ALOT of money, and can pretty well buy whatever and whomever they want.   Now lets say they "bought" this machine that controls the fronts and jet stream.   Just to produce a drought to kill this ethanol industry.  They know that the world won't starve with the South American harvest and black sea region. but it would sure be nice for them to have things there way again.  

LIke I said early this is just plain stubborness that they think we have a bumper crop.  Now with this front that is coming down out of the north later this week.  I've never seen a front coming from the north make a huge rain event.    I guess time will tell.  

Senior Contributor
farsider

Re: Bull headedness on this corn yield

3 years going on the 4th if usda is correct. Hold it, did I just say that?
My take on this crop is that it will be around 150 but that there is more PP then in 2011 and will fall even more on the harvested %. 13 is where I'm at now, next 3 weeks will determine if we stay there or go down. Soybeans are going to need the world to add some daylight back into the equation.
Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

Like I also said a couple of days ago, 13bbl is gone. Will not happen, unless something magical happens in the next 6-7 days. It could, weather is funny that way, but I don't see it. I think we're stuck in this pattern until fall now, we'll probably see a break around the 1st of September (my limb is getting pretty thin here!). In another week without rain, 12.5 is gone, and in two weeks without rain for a major portion of the corn belt, 12bbl is gone. This next two weeks tells the story for corn. Like everyone else I'd saying, foe whatever reason, there's something the beans don't like. The good fields are few and far between where I have been, and yes, the wording on them is correct - they suck. There's pretty good support under both these markets. Unless it rains unexpectedly, I'll stay long.

Jen
Senior Contributor
SouthWestOhio

All that rain in Texas and Oklahoma a few days ago should make up for all the losses north of US 40. .... Yeah right....
Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

Rain in TX doesn't matter. They're harvesting, remember, that HUGE crop of the drought tolerant stuff.

Jen
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Hy
I have a tin Funnel You can use as a tinfoil hat.

That certain country that controls the weather
Has sure screwed up their own weather too.

Your not serious are you?
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."