Senior Contributor

Bullish #s

Bullish #s usda,I Portland down,I wonder how long this will last with Aussie burning up!

Veteran Advisor

Re: Bullish #s

how long what will last??

Senior Contributor

cbot being up with portland Ore.being down.The answer,just over the weekend.

Highlighted
Advisor

[ Edited ]

ray- it gets better than that!  I was watching Bloomberg this morning, guess the great corn crop in Argentina just did to materialize as all the talking heads and our government suggested it would.   Remember all the reports on how great the corn crop was in the Argentine?  What a Joke.  They are now saying that the reason corn prices have gone up the past few days is because the Argentine crop failed to meet expectations and will not cover the shortfall of world supplies caused by the American Drouth.   

I hope crow tastes good . . . because these analysts, Misinforma, bottom third, and unprofessional farmer seem to be eating a lot of it these days.  Remember all the rain Argentina was receiving that was great for that countries corn crop?  Well what happened!  Maybe they should have planted some of those hot numbers that everyone in Iowa always elbows their way to the front of the line each year to get.  I mean  with the exception of RSW et.al. who farm in fantasyland north of I-80 most of those hot numbers did about 77 bushels to the acre.

Then yesterday there was a talking head said that farmers and end users should be buying calls and puts, because if it rains *WHAT? . . . IF IT RAINS! . . .  in the United States and crops are good in Argentina the world will be awash in grain next year.

Well, we now know the Argentine corn crop is a bust . . . now watch them try     to talk down the bean   market because of the great growing conditions in Brazil. It is getting clearer and clearer that "I don;t know Jack" about marketing.  Get me another Corona seems like these guys only have a "one trick pony"/ 

Only one problem . . . Brazil had a record sugar crop and it appears that the sugar being exported takes priority over soybean exports so even if they do raise it, they may not get it exported.   Hope the Chinese enjoy surplanting sugar for their soybean protein used to feed the pigs.   LMAO!  

It is great every day getting up and watching another myth explode for those who make a living farming the farmers.   Adios Amigo. John

Veteran Contributor

Faust, first what time do you get up. I did not know you milked cows. But thanks for this update. You are right, the tensions are going to get ratched up a few notches. If this drought lingers to the western corn belt it could just go wild. The big intergrators could be in real trouble. A lot of questions to be answered like what is the value of corn or beans when their is none. I am told they are indeed increasing numbers. The other guy got the shaft, they just did not know it was him.

Advisor

ilakmpf -  I think that report came out about 2:45 A.M. this morning.   I am screwing off hunting deer (its high powered rifle season in Southern Iowa).  Lota deer down here.  11 degrees here right now. No snow.  

Well as for getting up about 3 A.M., they say as you get older you need less and less sleep. lol.  I see grain prices are up again this morning.  It kinda looks like the crows are going to be getting scarce because all those jokers that claim to "know Jack" are kinda missing the boat anymore.

At one time on this site I awarded shovels to posters so they could go out behind the barn and dig their grave, when my thoughts conflicted with theirs, I used to take a lot of flak from them.   This time around, it seems to me that just about all of us are on the same page. lol.  Thanks for responding.   John