Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
ECIN

C-Team --April 17

Good morning everybody !  Today is Wine's day - Wednesday -- So go get yourself a big ole bottle of Red or White -- and take a load off your feet !

Well -Well ,Well here -- looks like Russia MAY ---- MAY harvest between 90 to 95 million tons of grain this year --- up from 71 last year . Remember MAY --- Are they talking a page from the USDA here ? To me MAY is about the same as IF.

Boys - his is just me thinking out load here But this Argy deal is looking bad for us -- The Argy line up to load out corn is near record --- How about 2.3 million AND they are getting the job done ---so far -- BUT time will tell when they start -- or Should I say TRY and load out all 3 majors at once .

Shiffing gear hear  to China   --- The WHO --no no no not the band -- theWorld Health Organization said that a number of the people who tested positive for the NEW strain of bird flu HAD NOT -- Had NOT been or had a history of contact with poultry --- SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOO if  they didn't have contact then how did they get it ???

My theory is that the people over that get it are --well older  AND my best guess the ones that have died are older men , why men you ask ?? They probably died from all the Hen pecking from there OLD HEN !

Anyway - boy I hope they don't wack milions for  good birds for nothing - that would not help the bean market ! But something to keep an eye out for .

BTW Stopped by Smith Implements over in Rushville this morning -- The big and only question I got was , hey Ken when do you thing you will start planting ???  Well it's April 17 - had an inch and a half yesterday with another 2 to 3 in the next few days and then turn off cold this weekend then rain comeing back in Monday and Tuesday  ???? how about June 1st ?

Anybody else getting nervious yet ?

Have  great day !

Ken

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: C-Team --April 17

[ Edited ]

it's about dang time ECIN----was about to have to start a D-team------isn't it already afternoon in Rush cty?

so the Wheat's leadin' way today--market finally digesting damage (it had to take some Tums for that)-----aside from your aforementioned rain events and snow events sceduled for plains Th/Fri THIS week, I heard another SNOW system is a coming to make another upper plains production NEXT Tuesday. 

SA Safrihna (or however you spell it) Corn won't be a shippin' till fall. Oh, and what about NEW corn leading at a 7 cent UN-inverse today---mkt is MORE concerned w/ planting delays than tight supplies, @ least for today.

btw-thought u were gonna say the jet had to land in yer field????????

p.s. if today is wine day, Fri might be scotch day.

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Thanks c-x-1 ! i was going to say something about the wheat leading BUT got side tracked by the little lady here --she what'd me to look up a pair of shoes for her on the internet ! True story !  Guess she didn't how busy I was trying to keep this Market eye deal going .

But I goggled up Farm Quest this morning , they have pictures of wheat flat on the ground , i think that Shaggy said it was around Dodge City . From what I have read- that wheat is in BIG trouble .

Well Guess I had better run over to Scott's page - Never did Options before but will give it a shoot .

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

thank you ECIN....some of the KA wheat was pummeled w/ golf ball hail, also

....wonder what happened to B-team?

i'm not sure Shellady works on here past 8 am.......:smileywink:

alright now---got da beans taking off ------- now up 10 in May ----  +14-15 12:09 cent...high of 1429^6 so far

Senior Advisor
ECIN

c-x-1 -- maybe there were just waiting for my report this morning --- ( beans that is )   :smileyhappy:  corn should follow in .

BTW I tried to call the main office in Iowa yesterday - thought i would talk to Jeff a sec. but NOBODY anwsered the phone ??? did they all get chit canned ? or is it some Iowa holiday out there ?

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

ECIN,

I think Ia is just taking a RAIN/COLD day

looks like they got sheet-loads of precip---heading east--not the band.:smileyhappy:

Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Hey, hey, now everybody! HA! Yeah, the B-Team's got his hands full here today -- Mike's out enjoyin' life and everybody else is out at a meeting, so I'm running a one-man band around here. When I saw Ken pick up the baton and start runnin', I thought I'd let him run until he either crossed the finish line or get hit by a bus! Ha!

Guys, I just went and grabbed lunch and it was 42 degrees, raining like crazy and the wind was blowing hard enough it about made me homesick for northwest Kansas! It is darn sure not corn planting weather! 

So, is this weather going to be enough to get corn to close in the black today? How much momentum do you all reckon corn prices will feel from Mother Nature? 

-----------------------------------------------
Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Boy Jeff am I glad you got back from your two day lunch  :smileywink:  Next time you three decide to goof off , give me a day or two to get ready  -- i'm getting older and it's getting harder to have to carry 3 -- 200 pounders on my shoulders -- lol

have  good one !

Senior Contributor
elcheapo

Anyone else read newsoms edit on dtn.
Same thing Brock has been saying for
A while
Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Hey, Ken, it's your lucky day! I'm closer to 275 than I am 200, so at least you'll be getting a good workout! Ha!

So, I see from Elwynn Taylor that Iowa "and surrounding states" have accumulated more than the 100-year average for "winter seasonal precipitation." Put that together with this long-term outlook and we may have the drought busted. Too bad it would mean planting corn still in the middle of June! 

Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor