Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Can you top this?

CROOKED ROW CONTEST...

ResizedImage_1371349483206.jpg

This is NOT mine, but was done by a nieghbor that bought my third planter back. 8/38 JD 7000.  Pulls it with a little CNH. Looks like one or the other was having a fit.

ResizedImage_1371349497461.jpg

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Re: Can you top this?

This ole boy might be smarter than all of us, you can get more seed in a crooked row.  I know I know, that's the oldest saying in the book, but duh.:smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
Pat in CMO

Maybe he was texting.  Patrick

Senior Contributor
hanktbd

I might be able to this year. Usually plant pretty straight, but desperate to get the seeding done between rain storms, I was planting into the wee morning hours without real good lights. Looks kind of crooked some places, but got er finished May 18 while a lot of the neighbors finished late this week. Driving down the road, a lot of field do not look as neatly done as usual this year.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

All,

is this what they mean with the old adage----"getting her done by hook or by crook?"

Senior Contributor
arnfarm735

Ya, ya, ya, they always say "It is the neighbor's....."
Fess up Hobby!!
Dads know a lot, but
Grandpas know everything
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

:smileyvery-happy:

Yep that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Btw I do not have any straight rows but .... My neighbor wins

Looks like what happened was he started in on the long rows in the middle and could only throw one marker and did not do a good job of guessing where to drive on the non marked side. He's only about 50 years young ... still learning.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
rawhide

you and he have corn planted crooked or not--be thankful a lot do not

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Hey rawhide -- did you get done or are you still DFAing around down there ?  I was hopping to make it down to Lawrenceburg last night for the USAC midgets , but didn't make it -- then I could have seen first hand if you have goofing off -- lol

Senior Contributor
rawhide

corn looks ok but still have beans to plant. the is A LOT of non-planted area here in the septic field of indiana