Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
c-x-1

Continuation of temp trend

[ Edited ]

Funny how trends work...Even though NOAA projected a warmer than average April - 11 days ago - temps were still below avg at the end of March and so goes the natural law of trends....

Temperature
610temp_new.gif

Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

Re: Continuation of temp trend

Yep, forecast is definitely colder. 35 miles SW of St. Paul, MN. Not even a 50° in the 10 day.....
Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

Sorry, SE of St. Paul.
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Peak corn.............law of averages says when she swings it could be a hot summer.............
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

The key word being when. When things do get hot, we will add the above normal temps. to the below normal temps. and that will get us back to a more traditional average. The difference for 2012 was that it started off hot early and never let up. 2013 will be closer to averages being that we've taken a slower start. Doesn't mean that the heat of summer will be less of a hit, just means our summertime averages will probably be cooler.
Advisor
vrbuck

it never swung back in 93.  50 year trend of years ending with a 3.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Well 83 was dry for us and fairly hot
93 was of course wet and flood
03 we had a micro drought and zeroed soya out, got corn in early enough it made something, no kidding

That would make 13 a wet one? A really wet one? And cool? Had 4 inches of rain in the last 5 days, pond finally starting to fill, creeks finally ran water? Still not a full profile, doing dirt work still cast a scary site down below.

Are you saying those boyz up north are screwed, and we will deal with wet feet all year. Which is never good for yield?

So the real question is, is 14 the year we raise a big crop? IMO 15 and 16 could be rough ones for heat and no rain?
Advisor
c-x-1

peak amplitudes do tend to continue both ways during extreme climate trends.

Veteran Contributor
fringeacres

Welcome back MT. When you are here then balance is restored .I can now take my posting break. I think I was big in 2003. I will be looking forward to 2023. We will have that 225 national yield by then.;--) my nose grew.
Advisor
Faust100F

[ Edited ]

Boys, why is everyone fussing?    I mean, with those new tripple dipple hybreds and all those hot shot genetics and cold tolerance traits, go ahead and run it in  once temps stablize at 32+ degrees.   I would be surprised if 80% of the crop ground North of I-80 was not  planted by the end of Next week.  If it is not in the ground by April 15, they will be on the verge of crop failure up there.  LMAO!

I have never read so much crawfishing by a group of whiners in my life.  Screw the oll dates for planting . . . you know . . . when Oak leaves are the size of squirrel ears.   Went to the rural backwater yesterday, all tile lines are now running pretty good streams (just dripping 2 weeks ago) and all ponds in my area have finally been refilled, streams are within two feet of going out of their banks.   Looks like another wet year for Southern Iowa, ground is saturated in my area.     John