Advisor

Corn Condition?

I see reports out of Eddyville and Cedar Rapids that corn loads are being rejected for being out of condition.  What are you hearing about corn condition issues around you?  

Honored Advisor

Re: Corn Condition?

Ran the fans on two bins I had questions about last night, no smells or temp spike.

Not been an easy summer to keep grain if it wasn't in dry condition going into the heat and humidity.

Need to get on bin duty, got one to reconfigure, add a ring, remanufacture the door and put in an air floor.

Anybody got a two ring door for an Eaton bin? Odd balls used a reverse roll on their sheets. Going to need that bin this year.

Another one needs another fan added.

Been  checking fields , way more out there than I could imagine for no rain. Going to be very close to no insurance claim.

Seeing real problems on hill ground fields around here. Mine included.

RUN YOUR FANS ON A FEW OF THESE COOL LOW DEW POINTS DAYS OR NIGHTS.

HAVEN'T BEEN POSTING ABOUT THAT CAUSE THOUGHT THE COOPS AND ME WERE THE ONLY ONES LEFT WITH GRAIN.

Advisor

Hobby, the truckers and buyers say there is a lot of grain still in farmer bins.  I don't know what that means "a lot", but at least "some".  Smiley Happy

Honored Advisor

Jim I'm pretty sure there is no danger of running out right away,

All summer every time one of the local grain merchandisers has opened "free price later" in literally hours here would come a text, "we are full" .

I kept thinking surely the bins are getting swept out. 

Saw one of the local bto have his cattle feed remix wagon under the load out spout at his grain setup, filled it with stuff I'm not sure anything would eat a about a month ago. No idea how much he had of that.

This year's crop is all over the map yield wise here, I am in a D3 drought area. Within eye sight of my mail box there is an area that got rain and has what looks to be a very good crop.

My ol swamp bottoms may have held in better than even I thought they they could. 

The CRP was opened a month ago for haying or grazing, and now there is some kind of drought disaster pmt for the cattle guys based on cattle over 500#. Friend that has cows said it was worth the paperwork. 

Sorry getting off topic. 

I don't think many have great amounts of grain on hand  here. BUT there are some very well healed farmers that probably have some relatively large $$$ amounts of reserves still measured in bushels. Will not take the beneficiary' s of those people long to cure that when the time comes.

Got a postcard in the mail yesterday from Farmers Natl, 220 acres for sale $4950 an acre, 120 in crop, 61 in CRP, 20 in other, 19 timber. At today's crop prices might be awhile getting that in the black. 400 semi loads of corn.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Hobby, You'd better get busy hauling that corn then.   Smiley Wink