Veteran Contributor
glenlivet18

Corn market doldrums

So when's corn going to break out of the miserable range it's been in for almost six weeks?  Been a tough market to trade, although you figure it was bound to cool off after the historic moves of this summer.  Definitely been a tight range since then and no one wants to take it in either direction.  October had maybe 45 cents of price movement.  November has been three straight losses for me, including a buy this morning at 750 that went nowhere.  Currently short at 740.  735 has been an iron floor.  If it break below that, look out.

Community Manager
marketeye

Re: Corn market doldrums

glenlivet18,

Next spring, according to Morgan Stanley Friday. The firm sees corn going to $9-$10 range. What do you think?

Mike

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

I just read a article on Japan buying corn here , seems to be maybe BIG problems in Brazil loading out corn , Japan even bought corn here , 20 a ton higher than Brazil just to get corn comeing there way , now my question , wonder how many over Country's are or may be in the same boat ? and will they follow Japan here to get corn to cover there needs to date till Brazil can come up with the corn ? Also the article said it could take up to 2 months to load out a boat of corn .
Veteran Contributor
glenlivet18

Wow, Mike.  I don't know.  My timeline isn't more than 3-4 days ahead, maybe a week.  I just ride the trends.  I'm definitely not Jim Rogers who can just sit on a position for months.  But if it goes that high I will be along for the ride!

Advisor
giolucas

I know you don't need my advice but maybe you trade 2 or 3 days out of week with a bit more contracts. It will give you time to see trend clearer and maybe more opportunity. Wish you the best.
Veteran Contributor
glenlivet18

Very confident in my system.  It has its bad periods short term (and three losses in a row is not uncommon) but over time it makes money.  80% of profits come from 20% of trades, so I have to take every signal, period.  That's the only way it works.  And lately, where corn has been choppy and slow, soybeans have been good.