Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
highyields

Corn rolling,,,again

Here in SENE on the poorer ground and my continuous corn the corn is starting to roll on the warmer afternoons.    Just saying the heat my be working the way east.   

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Corn rolling,,,again

The two cornfields next to the hay field I was mowing in yesterday were showing hot spots.

Thought about taking some pictures of the "onions" but due to the FACT that we are raising a bin buster crop I am only posting pictures of great looking crops.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
bkadds

Ah come on Hobby. You must be seeing things. Just look at the markets and it tells me a trip to the optometrist might be in order for you!
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Bkads : It was warm and 30ish humidity yesterday and I just figured it was a Miragie or something.

I mean all those fringe areas, plus parts of Ill, and the irrigated ground in the West part of the corn belt not only looks good but is going to raise enough EXTRA to offset any short comings here in the real corn growing area of the country.

It looks much better today as I broke into my stash of rose colored glasses and installed a pair in every tractor AND vehicle. Even put one on a bunge cord on the 4 wheeler. Much better today.

Here at South Podunk Industries we not only make only the finest Rose Colored glasses money can buy, we are coming out with the new and improved version 2.0 and 2.1

2.0 has the drip system to help with the rain illusion. Projected to be a big seller out in the western desert areas of the corn belt.

2.1 has the mini sun lamp installed for the fellas up in the swamp country of Northern Iowa and Southern Minn, We are also shipping to southern Ill with that variety.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
rawhide

I'll take 5 pair if you pay the shipping

Senior Contributor
bkadds

Hobby I will take a case of the 2.0s. If my order gets messed up I will have to seriously injure somebody! Good post.
Contributor
brokefarmer

i wonder what the corn will look like in about 2 weeks?   near my farm in oklahoma a corn field about a mile away looked good when i got there to harvest the wheat june 15th, after a few days of 30 mile an hour winds and 100 plus temps it was no longer green. not sure if any corn will be raised in that field. i think it had too shollow of roots because after it was planted we had alot of moisture. Here in arizona the monsoons have started, not fun trying to get alfalfa up without rain.

Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

I am certainly luckier than you guys in terms of crop condition. But corn is 4.15 a bushel here at the elevator and not the end user.

We r gonna be stuck in export mode for a while
Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Hey 89 - You might what to give Ray J. A call -- Heck the way hobby  and the other Iowa boy's are talking -- they are only going to make -- like 20 or 30 bpa -- roll ' n ' my eyes here -- But he would probably even pick up the freight -- lol  OR how about Jenny - she said there are in the  crapper .

And Hobby you tight azz - When I was selling them No-Daddy head banging  bunker blocks -- I would throw in a set of my World Famous - Snake skin Steak knife's -- you remeber ? the ones with the Cobra Skin Imported from BFE   :smileyvery-happy:

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Well what can I say ECI?

After watching you struggle will sales and that shipping night mare you got into with them large economy 3500# blocks.

I did my market research and came up with something that the USPS, or UPS for the large orders could handle.

No gimmicks just a really badly needed niche product that seems to be needed in a different spot each year. (keeps the help busy and the profits rolling in).

Starting to get overwhelmed with orders from the bars... seems that when the chicks wear them it makes even the skinnyest scraglyist dude look good to the babes. The ugly fat babes buy them two and three at a time to pass out at about 9:30/10:00 so they don't go home alone either.

Not bad for a product that was designed to cut down on the farmers whine. :smileyvery-happy: