Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
giolucas
Accepted Solution

Cx1 Get Ready!!!!

Get your thinking cap on and time to get to work.........Great Analysis of the market is needed.  BUY, SELL or do nothing.  Lets do this.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: Cx1 Get Ready!!!!

Gold down.....oil down......grains down......equities down.......

Senior Contributor
giolucas

Sell more buy more.....?

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Who knows with this election.......trying to take a position on anything before wednesday morning.....is like trying to get in front of a USDA report.......

Monetary policy hangs in the balance......

I still think we are due for a correction in equities......but its trying to hold and consolidate......gold, well I don't follow it too much but no more QE means a slide........oil, drill baby drill so who knows there.....although I think 70 plus oil is here to stay.........grains, still fundamentally tight with no direction until Jan.......

So, what does this mean.........I am betting people book some profits.......reposition in growth and stability.......and walk away till Jan......
Advisor
rayjenkins

lightening equity positions in retirement accounts today....the experts would say I am overweight in equities for my age.....will sit in cash for a bit and am content if I am wrong and we take off to the upside......as a person gets older, the thrill of the game is not the same as in the younger days......certainty and security take precedence over the home run/strike out mentality....at least it is for me....

Advisor
c-x-1

so paper is where the $$ is flowing into today - so we got 11 more in ESz before selling on factory orders???. precious metals are losing their luster. heavy betting on helicopter...???

Advisor
Red Steele

Ray, echoing your sentiments here

I have a retirement three year CD that just came due, and I put it in a savings account, waiting for the time to re-enter the equity markets....which I am looking for a DJ index mark of 10,000 or under...a 30% retreat. November, post election, should see a sell off regardless of which joker gets elected...the jokes just are not going to be very funny for quite some time.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller
Advisor
rayjenkins

Re: Ray, echoing your sentiments here

I spent a couple of hours re-calculating retirement account splits.....in the end, after the change, I was still only 12% in cash, 60% in equities and 28% in bonds/fixed income....we'll see how I feel about things come Wednesday morning!

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Ray....IMO that's one of the problems with those accounts......have no idea how yours is structured......but usually they have good but limited choices.......and just as you have alluded too, its hard to get to cash........even the safe, stable, fixed incomes elections are not bullet proof especially in this environment..........but assuming you get some company match, you can turn down free money.......just manage it.....

That said 2012 had showed some nice appreciation if you were positioned right.......
Advisor
rayjenkins

wife works for 3m......although the choices within the 401k are limited, both of our plans offer a "brokerage option" which allows you to stay in the 401k but move money to either schwab (hers) or vanguard (mine) and choose from a vast array of broader choices....in hers, you still have to use etf's or mutual funds, but mine includes those plus individual stocks......