Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
BA Deere

Darrin Newsome-`normal shell game`

http://www.iptv.org/mtom/episode.cfm/3831/video   at 11 minutes.   Can`t fool everyone all the time, but yet we all have to live in this alternate universe :smileyhappy:

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Re: Darrin Newsome-`normal shell game`

Very good post.  Have to agree with his analysis.  

Sometimes it looks like the funds are being "played" for their predictable reactions.

sw
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

I couldn't get vid to play.....I get the idea from you, sw.......can anyone expound on what he says?

thank you

Senior Advisor
BA Deere

Here CX, try this http://www.iptv.org/mtom/story.cfm/marketanalysis/10360/mtom_20130328_3831_marketanalysis  It`s Newsom`s written transcript.  I don`t know, people that are smarter than me, richer than me fall for this stuff and in the end they`ll still be smarter and richer than me ...sigh  :smileyhappy:

Advisor
Red Steele

I like that article and analysis on what new crop corn should do in the next couple of months. Lots of guys contracting corn for delivery with a $5 in front of it the last few weeks. I think a $6 or $7 looks a whole lot better. Especially when you look at what everything else costs.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Just one of Darin's comments..........."I don't care what they say, the bushels aren't there."

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

thank ya BA.....nice to hear/read a respected analyst with a level head. 

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

He verified the point i have made a few times along with many others.  It is very frustrating when we can manufacture bushels of lose bushels during the winter.  But he points out that this is nothing new.  Usda has done this year after year.  

To answer an entry Kraft made a few days ago about the negative comments to the recent report-------------- Contrary to Kraft's comment, The fact is most of us have agreed with most usda reports over the last 50 years because it really doesn't make much difference moving and creating bushels, changing acres to fit the "norm" to keep the heat off usda, etc------------- It does not matter when there is a surplus, but when there is enough shortage to have to import supply of corn and wheat to meet feeding needs, then usda's obvious disconnect from real data becomes hard to ignore. ------------ 

sw