Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Did you see that?

Faust has been mentioning about the new empty cities in China.

60 Minutes had quite a story on it and the impending financial implosion.

Just might be the whole flock of Black Swans ...
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Advisor
sw363535

Re: Did you see that?

missed it.  will look fot the replay.

sw
Senior Contributor
bkadds

Hobby--who is this Foust you refer to? Whether we like it or not China is a major global powerhouse. I would hate to see the percentage of products in the average retail store that originate there. Been looking for a replacement washer and it is amazing how few options I have that are made in the USA.
Contributor
RWflier

Been dealing with a Chinaman this past year, selling him some airplane stuff.    He has been saying business is slowing there.  this is the second piece I've seen on the empty cities in last few months.  Don't think this was a rerun on 60 min.  Other show had a bicycle shop in the mall that was almost empty.  Guy said he had sold one bike in last week.  This world is so screwed up i don't see how this can come out anyway but bad.  10$ corn would have the people screeming for our hides, even if it is a small portion of the finished product.  Media will have a field day with all the "rich" farmers.     

Veteran Advisor
Palouser

Ho hum …..

Suddenly the MSM is believable? This has been going on for at least three years but the last I heard China's economy was revving up again. No crash occurred as previously predicted.

Meanwhile we can't pick up steam as our 538 member elected planning team is on vacation. What's the down side of a China crash again?

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Ho hum …..

If 80% of the middle and upper classes of income producing people in the worlds largest grains customer goes belly up, you think that would be a HO HUM thing?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
bullrider685114

Yes I did see it. Amazing that 100% the real estate is supposedly sold, but no one living in, or doing business there. WE BUILT THAT!!!! Every item that is purchased with the tag "MADE IN CHINA" helped build that. This is nothing new and have read articles from  years ago about the resources grab that china has undertook. This is no different from the mentality of buying farmland because at least you can stand on it, and it may produce SOMETHING in an economic crisis. It is time to stop accepting china made products and become self reliant again. Peal Oil is here and all of the ramifications on being reliant on world trade!

http://kunstler.com/blog/

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Keep in mind that 100% of the stocks that made up the "teck" bubble were sold too.

100% of the houses that made up the "housing bubble" that we are still digging out of

were also listed as "sold" at one time too.

Paid in full with cash? Don't bet the farm on it.

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Quite a few Bald Eagles in the area this winter.

These were just two I saw yesterday as I was getting hay  right here at the farmstead.

ResizedImage951362365027536.jpg

Veteran Contributor
Silverwheaton

I am with palouser,  I don't even bother with 60 minutes and such like.  Biased, slanted, and whatever else.  MSM is for the dumbed down of America.  Pure foolishness.