Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Early Yield Reports

[ Edited ]

I received this from a floor trader source, today. WOW! Some of these yields are eyepopping, don't you think?

Central Iowa Crop District   Center of State    15 miles SE of Marshalltown  - 175 bu./acre 50# Test Weight  23% to 27% moisture,  “On excellent dirt”, 248 bpa last year

Central IL -  Sand ground down along Illinois river.  143 bpa dried to 15%.  57.8 lbs test weight @ 21% moisture.  Last year same field was 37 bpa and field has a 5 year average of 121 bpa which includes last years yield.  Farmer pleased as this is not irrigated.

Mound City, IL Corn Yields 220

S ill Between Mt Vernon IL and Evanville IN, 201 across the scale, 50 LY - 20-30 btr than expected

S IL - 50 west of Evansville IN.  205-210 bpa shrunk and dried.  first 100ac. dryland,  fld mst was 28-29%.  55 bpa LY.

Lafayette IN , 2 early fields 199 (40 ac) and 217 (360 ac) dry wt

Cincinnati OH - Gravelly soil just north of Cincinnati.  Burnt up with lots of firing.  23% moisture and 175 bu/acre dry yield.  Much better than last year but do not have data on last year and average.

SE Kansas – early planted corn, extremely dry during pollination, 60 to 80 bu/ac, moisture 15 to 16%

Sabetha KS (northeast) –test sample corn   moisture was 32%. Yield was 160. He was hoping for field avg. of 180.

Prairie County (Hazen, Arkansas) – corn harvest – yields reported 233 to 267 bu/ac. – irrigated corn.. running 17% moisture.. wet spring, corn was planted late, yield better than expected.

Corning Ark - cutting avg of 224(dried) 21-22 moisture out of field typical avg yields 170

SW Tn.  165 on ave. type hill soil.

NW Ms. 210 on good creek bottom soil.

BEANS:

Mound City IL – bean yields near 60 bpa

Perry IowA about 16 acres - Beans on sandy very poor ground  - 16 bu./a - Normal is 20 - Very early variety.

Mike

Community Manager
marketeye

Re: Early Yield Reports

And did you hear about the Hamilton County, Illinois corn yield survey. It's projected 500% higher than last year. That's right, 5-zero-zero, 500%. The yield average is estimated at 154.8, for this year.

Mike

Veteran Contributor
mnvtfarm

[ Edited ]

My hat's off to you East/South East growers this year, nice job, I was in your shoes last year, savor the moment, it don't last long. :smileyfrustrated:

I'm assuming these figures are from Roach Ag. How come nobody talks about the early yield results from these two States?  

Iowa 09-05-13 Central Iowa Crop District   Center of State    15 miles SE of Marshalltown. Corn  175 bu./acre 50# Test Weight  23% to 27% moisture . . .  Comment from farmer “On excellent dirt” - See more at: http://www.roachag.com/yields/#IL

Nebraska 09-05-13 Saline Co. Dryland 8 bu/acre vs. 10yr average of 133 bu/acre. 09-04-13 Seward Co. Dryland chopping for cattle. 5-15bu/acre vs. last year all over 100. - See more at: http://www.roachag.com/yields/#IL

Sign of things to come maybe? 

Frequent Contributor
jweiser1925

Mike ,

Nebraska Grand Island Husker Farm Show 4 camera's like at Decatur, live video on #1 looks like they may have shelled corn for parking area:

http://huskerharvestdays.com/customPage.aspx?p=394

Jim W

Senior Contributor
BF2012

Wouldn't get all beared up about that So Ill stuff

[ Edited ]

I live 40 miles from those fields, know exactly where they are, and big yields like that are common...cause we're talking bottom ground black dirt with high yield potential.   All of that corn down there was planted EARLY....they were fortunate enough to miss the early floods....most planted starting in the first week in April.....

Mound City.......early plant and continued timely rains.   Never had a dry spell.

Any nimrod who thinks this cherry picking yield crap is indicitive of this areas crop has their head up the rear end

There is a reason these are early yield reports...it is coming from fiends of early planted corn....the exception, not the rule down here.  To extrapoate that as a harbinger of things to come is simply idiotic.   Roach Ag....that pretty much says it all right there if it's the source.

Contributor
BTS4-210

[ Edited ]

big chunk of the south  has had a  yankee summer  cool temps lots of rain in  july and aug.   twenty days straight right here.  Wells did not run  from july 10 till  aug 15 or so which is unheard of.  Lost some potenial yeilds on rice due to cold cloudy rainy weather day in and day out, late  cotton been made with out even watering.

Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

I tend to agree with others that it is no big surprise that early yields are good.  Early planted usually has a leg up on late planted.  We already know Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota have serious issues.  It is just a matter now of how bad it really turns out to be.  Overall Illinois will be better than a lot of people think.  It won't be Illinois' best ever crop by any means but it will be pretty good.  I think Indiana and Ohio will surprise a lot of people too. 

I have done a lot of scouting this week and am just not comfortable putting a number out there.  I don't see how it can be as good as my numbers say so I'm gonna keep quiet for now.  I still think 2008 will be my best year ever but this year could be a close second.  We will know more in about two and a half weeks.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Well then, we may have just found that peak corn........:smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Good yields, some great. Will leave some wondering where all the corn came from! Beans.... Not so much.
Senior Contributor
BF2012

[ Edited ]

Disappointing  corn yields, some really disappointing will have some wondering where all the corn went..