Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

Far from a crop failure...

[ Edited ]

With all the doom and gloom, this crop is a failure, it is going to freeze the end of august, and the guys up nort will all see their corn die on Sept 18th and it will be nothing but barrne stalk...... thought I would post some pictures I took of some of my corn I took today. This a 86 day corn planted on 6/14...... 16 around and I counted 30 long (didn't count all the way to end) and final stand of 32,700...

photo9.JPGphoto10.JPG

Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

Re: Far from a crop failure...

[ Edited ]

photo11.JPG

This was planted on May 29th. 100 day corn just about to dent.

Advisor
c-x-1

what stage is it in?

thanks

Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

photo12.JPGphoto4.JPG

cob on the left is the 100 dat corn from previous picture. Cob on right is a 95 day corn planted on 6/3

Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

Late milk to early dough.

Senior Contributor
BF2012

Jack will be knockin

[ Edited ]

on your door soon dude.   I wouldn't be spending any of that imaginary corn money....oh, wait....you're only a week away form chopping the sh1t. 

BTW....nice looking sweetcorn.

Advisor
c-x-1

looking good so far....might need a little rain to finish well-----good luck!

Frequent Contributor
HMVE

Your corn looks like mine did a week ago.

Now its fired from top to bottom Ear husks are white and hanging straight down.  It just ran out of water.  10% of my corn was PP. Now no rain for 4 weekdays Hay fields
are brown and full of ragweed  only the irrigated fields are still green

I'm Just a few miles north of you, Near Hampton. Glad your corn still has hope. Going to start chopping corn tomorrow to save on hay

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

IT isn't a failure

Just isn't any thing to brag about nation wide. I saw lots of good looking crops in the last week

in the almost 3000 miles I have driven.

For every good field there seems to be a burned up one to equalize the total potential to a ho-hum average. Oh yea there seems to be a few summerfallowed fields in an are that that isn't quite normal for.

BTW here is a picture of some of my beans taken last night...

IMG_20130829_195006_793.jpg

Still gaining height... 6 inches since last week. wish they would spend that energy and water growing pods and beans.

Going to be slow going again this year to process all the material through the combine just to find a few beans.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
farsider

Somewhere around 650-700 gdd's to maturity. What are your plans for it? Grain or silage?