Highlighted
Senior Contributor
Accepted Solution

Field demo's cancelled

It appears that 97 day can not make black layer in time.

While field demos have been called off due to rain, Jungmann notes this is the first time in the show's 60-year history that field demos have been cancelled because the crop wasn't ready

Senior Advisor

Re: Field demo's cancelled

46 -- Funny you posted that up - well it's not funny  about them cancelling the demo - But have a very good friend that don't live to far from show center - I was talking to him yesterday and I asked - About the crops there - would they be ready to shell , Well I guess today -- we all know

Senior Contributor

As a side note. Last year, I could not believe the bad job of planting in the fields I visited. Spacing was bad. Maybe It was mudded in.  I know if I do that bad of job of planting, I will have it custom done in the future.

Frequent Contributor

This should give you live and full view by going full screen and waiting a few seconds.

http://farmprogressshow.com/customPage.aspx?p=377

Jim W

Honored Advisor

I thought east of the mississippi didn't have those late issues??

Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

This August thing is relatively new. In the good old days this show was held in September.

This is just a classic example of thinking we can trump ol Ma Nature.

Growers and media types have convoluted many of the givens our fathers and grandfathers grew up with.

Good gravy, thinking harvest is in August in the Heartland. What next? Thinking North Dakota and the Winnipeg, Canada area is the new corn belt?

When I grew up anybody done harvesting before the middle of Dec was underemployed.

Then it moved to Thanksgiving, couple of years later it moved to Halloween. Now they think Aug is harvest season north of I40?

Too bad most all the real farmers are on the wrong side of the grass. (well maybe not so bad they are there, they wouldn't recognize the new normal anyway)

Advisor

Those must be the ones Ram did the PAul Harvey ad for.