Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
c-x-1

Fieldwork window

[ Edited ]

Looking out to Sunday....then dry time....depending on whether one believes this forecast ---                    Have y'all put a lot of Corn in last Sun-tonight?

ScreenShot008.gifScreenShot009.gifScreenShot011.gifScreenShot013.gif

Advisor
c-x-1

Re: Fieldwork window

----forgot May 11

ScreenShot012.gif

Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

0% done here in Pierce county, WI. Just got the 14" of snow melted from last week......

Contributor
SteveBD1

If accuweather forecast for the rest of May is correct I'm screwed. Nothing planted. Less than 10% planted in this area, Southeast of Iowa City. 6.5 more inches . Had 11.5 inches already. Never get dry enough between rains. Hope they have lot of Liberty bean seed somewhere.

Senior Contributor
teaspoon73

WCW  that much snow really changes things. Cools the ground and makes it greasy, Need to be patient with planting, or you'll compound your problems. We missed the snow last week but raining this morning, in S.Dak

Advisor
vrbuck

75 percent done with corn,same.going hard last two days.
Veteran Contributor
WCWISC

Teaspoon, I'm planning on checking soil temp today. It's just starting to dry out nicely and now we have rain forcast for this afternoon through tomorrow. That'll remove any glimmer of hope we have regarding planting.

Senior Contributor
SouthWestOhio

Dried out enough by 4pm yesterday to roll out the planter for a few hours before the next .05" chased me out. Will try again today, sun's out and could be rolling in a little bit.  Started planting corn last Wednesday and the first couple fields should be up just in time for Monday's scattered frost.

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Planters started to wake up around here about 2 pm , some moveing to dryer fields --- then guess what ?? we got dumped on at 2:30 ,

Mine was still to wet but wetter now  , dam it ! i was going to mow the yard forthe uptenth time and have to wait for it to dry now --lol

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Mowing lawns, please elaborate! Not something Kansan's have had to do a whole lot the last couple years.