Contributor
bronzebacks

Fiscal cliff deal

Does anybody know if the SURE program was included in the deal that the Senate passed as well as the direct payments?

Veteran Contributor
semndairyguy

Re: Fiscal cliff deal

A extension of the current farm bill was included in Senate fiscal cliff deal. So breath easy, you can coninue to suck off the Gov't teat with direct payments, SURE and subsidised crop insurance.

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Just as the millions of welfare sponges.  I didn't qualify for the 2011 SURE payments.  Turns out my crops were to good.  Man it sucks I can't get my fair share! :smileymad:

Frequent Contributor
daniel looker

I don't think so. SURE has already expired and none of the expired programs without funding are in the Senate bill. Direct Payments will continue for another year
Senior Contributor
clayton58

Sure was dropped for 2012 by the previous farm bill, so I doubt that it is included in the extension.  I am not certain, but that is my guess.

Veteran Contributor
farmerinontaro

semndairyguy wrote:

A extension of the current farm bill was included in Senate fiscal cliff deal. So breath easy, you can coninue to suck off the Gov't teat with direct payments, SURE and subsidised crop insurance.

dairy...  sucking off the teat/subsidies/direct payments/bailouts...  something you know all about...  

Veteran Contributor
semndairyguy

Care to explain that one? Pretty sure grain farmers get way more subsidy money than dairy farmers. Oh, and our product(s) needs to stand on it's own..... no Gov't mandate to use it like ethanol.

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Congress Passes Fiscal Crisis Bill

• Fox News

• House passes Senate bill halting massive in tax hikes and delaying spending cuts in a 257-167 vote despite some House Republicans' concerns, and Obama says he will sign it.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."