Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Re: Floor Talk August 13

What has Biden done to win that particular distinction. The worst VEEP ever must be discredited by some astonomical blunder. A little clarification is in order.

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Be careful what you wish fior because you will gwet a Biden Ryan debate but I'm guessing you will not enjoy it.

Frequent Contributor
nwiafmr
Frequent Visitor
aje53

A few years ago we had Ronald Regan, Bob Hope, Johnny Cash and Steve Jobs...Now we have Barick Obama with no HOPE, no CASH and no JOBS.....

Community Manager
marketeye

nwiafmr,

Good morning. What does it look like for the start of harvest in your area? Any fields opened up yet? And, regarding marketing, do you hear of farmers that will have problems filling contracts? How about you, how's your risk management plan look, heading into harvest?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

Community Manager
marketeye

kraft-t,

Good morning. What does it look like for the start of harvest in your area? Any fields opened up yet? And, regarding marketing, do you hear of farmers that will have problems filling contracts? How about you, how's your risk management plan look, heading into harvest?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

Community Manager
marketeye

aje53,

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

Community Manager
marketeye

jrsiajdranch,

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

Senior Contributor
SouthWestOhio

Thanks Marketeye, you are always good at keeping us on track!

Frequent Contributor
nwiafmr

[ Edited ]

Mike...There has been more corn chopped for silage starting the last weekend of July and still continuing than I can remember.   The only yield I have heard was a field was chopped and Federal Crop estimated the yield at 36 bushels.  That probably will be at the very low end in this area.    My best guess today would be half of a normal crop....my normal is in the 180s, so I am assuming something around 100 bushels an acre average for me.  As far as contracted corn, I think there was less contracting done this summer than there usually is in this area.    Dry as some fields look, I wouldn't rule out some harvesting of corn the end of this month.