Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Re: Floor Talk August 22

IllinoisSteve,

What are the cash bids for September and October delivery in your local area? I can't imagine they would be good enough for profit margins. I hear that not many farmers are too impressed with the local offerings, right now. What say you?

Thanks,

Mike

Advisor
c-x-1

Come on ECIN,

pleeeeeeeaaaasse. you could even bring a pineapple and some melons for show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileysad::smileysurprised::smileytongue:

Advisor
c-x-1

yeah, say there Mike.....on that question from YESTERDAY, do you happen to know when SA mktg yrs are?

thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

Got rain. V unpredictable totals
Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Mike first half Sept is 4.50 and second half along with October is $4.50. After this rain today I would like to sell some more but having a hard time at these levels. So far we are 1.25" to 2.00" on our farms today. Totally unexpected with only a 30% chance. Come to think of it though some of our most important rains over the years have come on small chances. This should put us over 200 in this area.
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Fall price here is 4.45 -- Jan is 4.62 ---   I have not talked to anybody around here that has sold any new corn , For the most part - we all can dry and have plenty of ON farm storage - So this brings me to Record low - on hand corn and lets throw in a later crop coming in --- What will the end users do ?  They can't feed or blend options , puts ,call's or whatever - they need physical ,   I would say for the most part , most farmers can whether some time -- lets call it bin and forget -  So could this be the year that the user are at our mercy  ? will it be that they have to met our offer - rather than we take what they offer ? Time will tell but the stage is set , around here anyway .

BTW I think that -- 6 bucks would  be a good starting point .

Senior Contributor
jec22

Il Steve.  1.75 to 2 inches.  That would have been great to have. 

"Rains on the just and the unjust"

Now, I am just wondering if it also doesn't rain on the just and the unjust.  Hopefully not just the unjust.  It isn't so fun taking one for the team this year.  But it could be worse. 

So. IA
Veteran Contributor
Kstater85

There is 10B bushel of on farm storage in the USA.   If we grow a 13.5B corn and 3.2B bean crop almost 7B bushels will go to commercial hands.   

That is what the end user will use waiting for the farmer to sell cheaper numbers.  

Senior Advisor
ECIN

85 - I was talking about the first half of harvest - can't shell all in one day - anyway I can't - lol  and will we raise  13.5 ?

Veteran Contributor
Kstater85

I agree about pace of harvest.    Fast will feel much different than slow.    Think of 2009 pace vs 2012 pace.   If I remember right the difference between those two years 50% done mark was over 30 days.