Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
JRae_Anderson

Floor Talk - August 22

[ Edited ]

Good morning! It's Jordan filling in for Mike on this hot and humid Friday. Again, I'm slowly but surely learning about the markets, so post your questions and I'll try to track down answers for you!

At the close: 

The Dec. corn futures are trading 2 1/2 cents higher at $3.71 1/2.
Nov. soybean futures are trading 3 3/4 cents higher at $10.42.

Dec. wheat futures are 6 3/4 cents higher at $5.62 1/4.

Have a great weekend!

----------

At mid-session:

The Dec. corn futures are trading 2 1/2 cents higher at $3.71 1/2.
Nov. soybean futures are trading 4 cents higher at $10.42 1/4.

Dec. wheat futures are 11 1/2 cents higher at $5.67.

----------

At the open:

The Dec. corn futures are trading 3/4 of a cent higher at $3.69 3/4.

Nov. soybean futures are trading 5 cents higher at $10.43 1/4.

Dec. wheat futures are 6 1/2 cents higher at $5.62.

In the outside markets, the crude oil is $.56 per barrel lower to $93.40, the dollar is higher by .001, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 20 points lower to 17019.26.

Look for U.S. stocks to decline with tensions flaring between Russia and Ukraine.

----------

At 7:29

Early calls: Corn is looking 0-2 cents higher, soybeans 2-4 cents higher, and wheat 3-5 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets = Trading mostly higher.
Crude Oil = $.33 per barrel lower to $93.63.
Dollar = Unchanged.
Wall Street = Seen slightly lower, stock markets slipping as Russian convoy enters the Ukraine
World Markets = Europe stocks were higher, Asia/Pacific stocks were mostly higher.

--- Jordan

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Re: Floor Talk - August 22

Well Jordan - Just what is your " main job " or profession with SF ? Or are you the floor sweeper and they figured that anybody could do marketing , like Mike and Jeff ? : )

BTW - Just giving you a hard time - lol  All in fun -since it's again raining here this morning - some parts of IN are just getting POUNDED with heavy rain - Hartfard City - has picked up 9.75 inchs since last night - many ares 4 to 8 inchs , BTW Indy only got 1.6 tenths - Another 2? 3 ? 4 Inchs on the way -

Have a good weekend !

ken

Community Manager
JRae_Anderson

Ken -- I am strictly here to keep Caldwell in line. Ha! Just kidding.. I am the Digital Content Editor, so I write news stories, coordinate magazine/web content, manage the Farmers for the Future social network, work with social media, and fill in where necessary (hence, the I get to be the Markets Gal this week). Hope I'm up to par!

Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

I'm not sure what you're using for your International Stock Markets, but I show that Europe was all lower (France was down 0.73%) and Asia was a mixed bag with Japan being down 0.30 and Hong Kong and China being a bit higher.

Jen

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Jordan -  Your doing a great job - better be carefull OR you may end up with another job to do at SF - lol

BTW - you really had me going that your job was to keep Jeff in line - You should have ended right there - lol         I know one of Jeff's friends in KC and know what you have to put up with !

Have a great weekend ! 

Community Manager
JRae_Anderson

jennys_mn,

I use Yahoo! Finance to track Europe/Asia markets. Asia looks mostly higher, and I see that Europe are all lower. I thought I double-checked those this morning, but I could've made an error. Apologies if I did!