Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Floor Talk December 31

[ Edited ]

At the close: The March futures corn contract settled 6 cents higher at $7.00. The Jan. soybean futures contract finished 9 cents lower at $14.08. March wheat futures finished 1 cent higher at $7.80 per bushel. The Jan. soyoil futures contract ended $0.36 higher at $49.30.  The Jan. soymeal futures contract finished $5.20 per short ton lower at $422.50.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.73 per barrel higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 100 points higher.

Mike

--------

At 1:45pm:

Corn remains slightly higher, soybeans and wheat are lower. One analyst sums up today's market by saying: "Most of the price action has been due to the fiscal cliff talks in DC.  Soybeans seeing some additional weakness due to good weather in South America.  It has been quiet there, I think most of the spec action has been big guys or funds, not much from small guys.  Seeing very little from producers or users as well, although users are keeping an eye on things.  Soybeans completely ignored the weekend sales of 140,000 tons to unknown preferring fiscal cliff and South American weather.  I don’t have much else to say for today!

Mike

----------

At mid-session:

At mid-session, the March futures corn contract is trading 2 cents higher at $6.95. The Jan. soybean futures contract is trading 7 cents lower at $14.16. March wheat futures are trading 1/2 of a cent lower at $7.78 per bushel. The Jan. soyoil futures contract is trading $0.40 lower at $48.54.  The Jan. soymeal futures contract is trading $2.80 per short ton lower at $424.90.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.29 per barrel higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 1 point higher.

Mike

------------

At the open:

At the open, the March futures corn contract is trading 1 cent lower at $6.92. The Jan. soybean futures contract is trading 10 cents lower at $14.13. March wheat futures are trading 7 cents lower at $7.71 per bushel. The Jan. soyoil futures contract is trading $0.40 lower at $48.54.  The Jan. soymeal futures contract is trading $3.50 per short ton lower at $424.40.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.15 per barrel lower, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 6 points lower.

Mike

-------------

At 8am:

--USDA announces Monday that an 'unknown' bought 140,000 tons of U.S. soybeans for 2012-13 delivery.

Mike

-----------

At 7:00am:

Early calls:  Corn is seen 4-5 cents lower, soybeans 10-12 cents lower, and wheat 7-9 cents lower.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets=Trading lower.
Crude Oil=$0.60 per barrel lower.
Dollar=Higher.
Wall Street=Seen opening higher ahead of the U.S.'s Fiscal Cliff deadline.

World=Asia/Pacific stocks are mixed, and Europe's stocks are mixed.

More in a minute,

Mike

Veteran Contributor
viperkev

Re: Floor Talk December 31

Good Morning Mike.....I know there are no deliveries for the Jan soybeans this morning, but is there a spot on the CME website that I can check that out myself? When it was CBOT it was easy to maneuver around that site but this CME site is horrible. I can't find anything! I'm carrying some Jan beans because I want the settlement in 2013 calendar year not 2012. Thanks in advance! All the best for the New Year!

Kevin

Community Manager
marketeye

viperkev,

I am investigating the situation now. Give me a bit and we'll see if we can find a short-cut for you.

Mike

Contributor
saturated

Go to CME website. Point at option Clearing. On drop down menu is category for Deliveries.

Community Manager
marketeye

viperkev,

Try these steps:  Go to  cmegroup  , click clearing, then click cbot section and it has it all. I hope this helps.

Mike

Senior Advisor
ECIN

Mike : I just read that the Philippines bought corn from Myanmar  today at $340/tonne,

reportedly at least 5,000 tonnes worth of containers;

Ok here's the question -- Myanmmar ??????????? Give me a break here ! so where is Myanmar LOL

A NEW world player ? lol

I don't think anybody likes us anymore . 

Have a Happy New Year --- AND no danceing on the tables tonight !!!

Veteran Contributor
viperkev

Thanks so much Mike & Saturated!

Kevin

Contributor
slim5819

ECIN, Myanmar used to be Burma as in the Burma Road in World War II.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

ECIN,

Hasn't Mayanmmar recieved a lot of UN assistance in the last several years?  Or is it just the refugee camps around it's borders??

Was anything mentioned about the source of those containers?

sw
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Boy ! What did we do with out Google ---LOL   Anyway I did a quick search of Burma , he's a quick read .

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35910.htm

No source sw and thanks Slim !