Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: Floor Talk February 28

Local cash bid for corn is near 7.50 and soya is 15..........

Not sure what they are beating their chest about.........

They were sold out at 5 and 11 last winter........and 4 and 10 the winter before that........

LMAO, don't let em kid you........their 5 year avg is probably under 4 and 10........versus some that are over 7 and 15........

Not sure they have a reason to pound anything but a bucket of sand.......
Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

MT, farmerjoe, Buckley,

y'all obviously have not read and understood Gulke's assessment. US corn demand is DEAD---in fact, according to the wizard, we've already rationed the 2013 crop.  - so even with an avg crop this year WE will once again be AWASH. What a JOKE! He must be sold out! :smileysurprised:

Advisor
c-x-1

luisvieira,

how have the pods filled on beans in Argentina w/ what seemed from our view to be extremely dry soil in Jan and almost NO rain in Feb.

thank you c-x-1

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

A 12.5 crop will put a 6 in front of corn, maybe more.

A 13 flat crop could do 6 locally.

I don't think 13 plus is in the cards.

14 is a joke
Senior Contributor
Buckley_HF

Cx1, gulke and the rest of them. Lets see, advice every winter seems to be that a crazy carryout is coming, corn prices will fall out of bed SO... Why don't you pay me to give you the advice of buy a put and heck, while ur at it lets sell 1 or 2 calls to pay for it so your out nothing! These guys have been so off the past 3-4 years its just about as crazy as USDA has been. Us farmers are to stupid to market ourselves, better pay these experts! :smileyhappy:
Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

Buckley_HF,

yes, I was so ammused reading his latest article on agwebber w/ his photo and all - that silly smile.

I apologize ahead of time, but you talking about their view of farmers being unable to make own decisions..and they need the "experts" and all---if IQ could be judged from a photo----just sayin'. I mean no offense here....JMHJ(judgmental)O

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

My marketing skills without Marketeye.

Thankfully the price is right!!

help.jpg

Community Manager
marketeye

tree fmr,

That dog is certainly in a predicament. I just talked to two farmers, in the past 24-hours.  This photo describes what they hope to avoide with pricing this year's crops.

Funny photo. Thanks for posting,

Mike