Veteran Contributor

Re: Floor Talk July 14

my guess is with a crayon

Contributor

I saw it happen the last half of August and the first half of September in 2010 I had yields checks of 200 bushel an acre, on dryland corn,  that fall it made 125, the neighbor had the same thing, we missed the last good rain, got south winds mid 90's plus and it dried that corn crop up to nothing, disappointing end to what could have been a hell of a year 

Esteemed Advisor

Of course USDA has never trimmed 50 bpa off of the trendline yields.   They want to maintain inexpensive food.   My guess is that they teach that everything is by the book at KState.   If you actually farmed, you would know that alot of farming is NOT by the book.  Smiley Happy

Advisor

Kstate

I missed that Iowa State offered Crayon 101...must be a Kstate thing......................

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Mike,
I'm personally ready for dryer weather!! Today's rain put us over 13 inches since the 3rd of July, with a 40% chance tomorrow. Beans are going backwards here!!! This field was nice and green on the 3rd.

bottom picture is the same field after 4" Tuesday morning image.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Advisor

No sorry ---- It was those first 4 words that misled me.....  "I have never seen"  got me to thinking you were commenting about something real...

sorry but crayon would be nice as long as we are dealing with the usda "never/never" land stuff....

They are never going to make a change that might bring on the idea that the first make believe answer might have been ..........

well why would they since both figures are based on hocus pocus