Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk July 14

[ Edited ]

At the close:

At the close, the Sept. corn futures finished 6 1/2¢ higher at $3.76, while December futures closed 6 1/2¢ higher at $3.89 1/2. Aug. soybean futures ended 13 1/2¢ higher at $9.89, November soybean futures finished 14¢ higher at $10.01 1/2. September wheat futures settled 1¢ lower at $5.10 3/4. Dec. soy meal futures ended $6.10 per short ton higher at $331.20. Dec. soy oil futures closed $0.18 higher at 33.68¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the Brent crude oil market is $0.35 per barrel higher, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 84 points higher.

Mike

-----------

At 1:20pm:

On Friday, the National Weather Service tweeted out:

Current % of State in Drought Status:

South Dakota: 93%

Nebraska: 72%

Iowa: 48%

Minnesota: 13%

What say you?

Mike

---------

At mid-session:

At mid-session, the Sept. corn futures are 6 1/2¢ higher at $3.76, while December futures are 6 1/4¢ higher at $3.89. Aug. soybean futures are 15¢ higher at $9.90, November soybean futures are 15 1/2¢ higher at $10.03. September wheat futures are 4 1/2¢ higher at $5.16. Dec. soy meal futures are $6.70 per short ton higher at $331.80. Dec. soy oil futures are $0.18 higher at 33.68¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the Brent crude oil market is $0.45 per barrel higher, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 13 points higher.

--------------

At 10am:

If you missed it earlier, the USDA announced a big soybean sale to China.

Private exporters reported to the U.S. Department of Agriculture export sales of 1,300,000 metric tons of soybeans for delivery to China during the 2017/2018 marketing year.

The marketing year for soybeans began Sept. 1.

What say you?

Mike

-----------

At 9am:

In early trading, the Sept. corn futures are 6 3/4¢ higher at $3.76, while December futures are 6 1/4¢ higher at $3.89. Aug. soybean futures are 10 1/4¢ higher at $9.85, November soybean futures are 11 1/4¢ higher at $9.98. September wheat futures are 6 3/4¢ higher at $5.18. August soy meal futures are $5.10 per short ton higher at $323.00. Dec. soy oil futures are $0.04 higher at 33.54¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the Brent crude oil market is $0.42 per barrel higher, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 15 points higher.

Mike

-------------

Grains and beans were higher overnight after yesterday's big selloff. The weather looks to have improved with the heat dome moving out and the seemingly never-ending rain in the eastern Midwest ending. Flooding is still going to be an issue through the weekend. Corn was up about 6 cents, soybeans rose about 7 cents and wheat was up 4-5 cents. Export sales were a bit disappointing with soybeans falling week-to-week while corn was mixed. Check out all the details in today's 3 Big Things at http://www.agriculture.com/news/three-big-things/3-big-things-today-july-14

Here's what happened overnight:

Brent Crude Oil = up 1.1%

West Texas Intermediate = up 1.3%

Dollar = down 0.1%

Wall Street = U.S. stock futures lower in pre-market trading.

World Markets = Global stocks lower on negative economic data. 

Advisor

Re: Floor Talk July 14

If the 1,300,000 number isn't a typo my McKinley High School math tells me that's about 10% of the projected carryover.

Currently beans are up 15 cents - seems a little low.  Let's see what the rest of the day brings.

When did the sale actually happen? Think the Chinese see yesterday's move as the market low?

Veteran Contributor

Apparently China hasent got the word on the giant south American crop yet

Esteemed Advisor

Forget about the Russians for a minute.   You'd better keep an eye on the Chinese....stealing our grain.  Big run down in price yesterday with a big sale announced today.   There couldn't be any correlation could there?   Let's find out who knew what.......and when did they know it?   Smiley Wink

Senior Contributor

We will never know who knew what , and if we did know it would not ever amount to anything , just look at the CLINTON FOUNDATION mess with RUSSIA  I am like you I think the people who can afford to (((KNOW)) did know a whole lot more than the rest of us common people did about it. I believe they just used the u.s. weather mod. run as a cover for a cover to run the market in the direction they wanted it to go.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Didn't need to know anything.early.... The spin controls the report reaction and that was easy to deliver.....

Veteran Advisor

a couple of things..........

first........who is the official "tweeter" for the NWS ?????

it couldn't be you know who could it ???

second......i'm sorry, I've been taught that if you can't say something nice about someone, keep quiet........but I'm sorry, but someone

has to pull Tom P. that was on market to market tonight, and talk about his clothes that he wears on market to market......with the

stripped coat, and the blocked tie.......I was getting a bit sea sick and the tv started to blur things once in a while...........

folks........new weather data run a while ago..........no significant rain for the next two weeks................

it's over with folks.......things are fast becoming toast here.