Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Reply
Community Manager
marketeye
Posts: 3,101
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

roarintiger1,

 

You are right. It is time for China to buy corn. They like $6.00 and below corn. So, it will be interesting to see if they step in at these levels. Or, will South America start to take marketshare from the U.S. Heck, Ukraine is even ramping up corn exports. There is starting to be a lot more competition on the world corn market.

 

Mike

Senior Contributor
highyields
Posts: 785
Registered: ‎06-04-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

Just some numbers I placed on the soymarket, back in 08 didn't corn get to $8 mark, so take that times the 2.5 price difference between corn and beans you get  $20. 

 

 

Senior Contributor
Mike M2692830
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎05-15-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

Mike, you posted below about the trade starting to trade the weather..How can one gov agency(USDA) still tout trendline yields when another gov agency(NOAA) advertises this year to date as the warmest and driest on record. Those two statements can't reside in the same sentence...MikeM

Senior Contributor
SouthWestOhio
Posts: 519
Registered: ‎05-13-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

mike, You say China likes $6 corn but don't forget they have to pay the basis too.

Community Manager
marketeye
Posts: 3,101
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

Mike M2692830,

 

It's similar to when the USDA and WASDE numbers don't match. The reason I would give is that humans are involved. You're always going to get something a little different when people determine the numbers. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. I'm just saying you have to factor in the human element. FWIW.

 

Mike

Veteran Contributor
fringeacres
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎07-22-2011
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

Got beat to the point, but if basis is up then export price is flat, and export # is low but basis rises? There is more corn, not as much as usual. If you put it in the bin at 6.80, hard to pull it out at 6.25
Veteran Contributor
fringeacres
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎07-22-2011
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

 
Community Manager
marketeye
Posts: 3,101
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

SouthWestOhio,

 

That may be why they just bought wheat today? Also, maybe they are looking at cheaper corn around the world?

 

Mike

Frequent Contributor
jweiser1925
Posts: 50
Registered: ‎05-13-2010
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

Mike,

 

Good Poet site with corn bids.

 

http://poet.com/plants


marketeye wrote:

At 8am:

--USDA announces Thursday that China bought 110,000 mt of U.S. SRW wheat for 2012-13 delivery.

 

Mike

----------

At 7:45am:

Look at that corn export figure below, geemenee! I had to do a double-take on that small number. Corn exports have fallen off of a cliff. Can you believe it?

 

Mike

-----------

At 7:30am:

USDA Weekly Export Sales Report is bearish for the corn market, friendly for soybeans.

 

Corn=169,800 mt vs. the trade's expectations of 350,000-750,000 metric tons.

Soybeans=1.05 million metric tons vs. the trade's expectations of 450,000-750,000 mmt.

Wheat=Unknown vs. the trade's expectations of 150,000-350,000 mt.

Soymeal=141,300 mt vs. the trade's expectations of 75,000-175,000 mt.

Soyoil=7,300 mt.

 

Mike

-----------

At 7:10am:

--A South Korea buyer is purchasing 55,000 mt of optional-origin corn from either South America or the U.S. Thursday.

--Japan, South Korea and Taiwan bought 220,000 mt of U.S. wheat Thursday.

--USDA Weekly Export Sales will be released at 7:30am CT.

---U.S. ethanol production, last week, averaged 920,000 barrels per day (b/d) – or 38.64 million gallons daily.  That is up 16,000 b/d from the week before, according to the Energy Information Agency.  The 4-week average for ethanol production stood at 911,000 b/d for an annualized rate of 13.97 billion gallons.

Stocks of ethanol, which fell to their lowest point since the week ending May 11, stood at 20.7 million barrels.

 

Mike

----------

At 6:30am:

Early calls: Corn 7-8 cents higher, soybeans 2-4 cents lower, and wheat 5-7 cents higher.

 

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets=Trading mostly higher.
Crude Oil=$0.15 per barrel higher.
Dollar=Lower.
Wall Street=Seen starting little changed, ahead of U.S. economic data and the Greece weekend vote.

World Markets=Lower.

 

 

More in a minute,

 

Mike


 

 

Jim W

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer
Posts: 3,895
Registered: ‎01-10-2012
0

Re: Floor Talk June 14

 

 
 
 
 
Change Location 
 
TodayPartly Cloudy85° Partly CloudyFri50% Chance of Storms86° 50% Chance of StormsSat40% Chance of Storms87° 40% Chance of StormsSunPartly Sunny84° Partly SunnyMonPartly Cloudy86° Partly CloudyTue30% Chance of Storms83° 30% Chance of StormsWedPartly Sunny83° Partly Sunny
Tonight50% Chance of Storms67°
 

50% Chance of Storms

Fri Night40% Chance of Storms67°
 

40% Chance of Storms

Sat Night50% Chance of Storms69°
 

50% Chance of Storms

Sun NightPartly Cloudy68°
 

Partly Cloudy

Mon Night30% Chance of Storms67°
 

30% Chance of Storms

Tue NightPartly Cloudy66°
 

Partly Cloudy

 
  • Got to get things done today as the wet season begins tomorrow
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."