Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Floor Talk June 25

[ Edited ]

At the close:

The July futures corn contract closed 4 cents higher at $6.56. New-crop Dec. corn futures settled 2 cents lower at $5.44. The July soybean futures contract ended 13 cents higher at $15.25, new-crop Nov. soybeans closed 5 cents higher at $12.78. July wheat futures finished 3cents lower at $6.75 per bushel. The July soymeal futures finished $7.80 per short ton higher at $458.80. The July soyoil futures settled $0.41 lower at $47.14.
In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.02 per barrel lower, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 121 points higher.

Mike

------

At 12:30pm:

The July futures corn contract is 2 cents higher at $6.54. New-crop Dec. corn futures are trading 3 cents lower at $5.43. The July soybean futures contract is trading 10 cents higher at $15.21, new-crop Nov. soybeans are trading 5 cents higher at $12.78. July wheat futures are trading 1 cents higher at $6.80 per bushel. The July soymeal futures are trading $3.60 per short ton higher at $454.60. The July soyoil futures are trading $0.26 lower at $47.29.
In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.11 per barrel higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 70 points higher.

Mike

-------------

At the open:

The July futures corn contract is 7 cents higher at $6.60. New-crop Dec. corn futures are trading 3 cents higher at $5.49. The July soybean futures contract is trading 4 cents higher at $15.16., new-crop Nov. soybeans are trading 5 cents higher at $12.78. July wheat futures are trading 3 cents higher at $6.82 per bushel. The July soymeal futures are trading $4.30 per short ton higher at $455.30. The July soyoil futures are trading $0.10 higher at $47.65.
In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.72 per barrel higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 77 points higher.

Mike

--------------

At 7:30am:

Early calls:  Corn is seen 4-6 cents higher (old-crop), soybeans 4-6 cents higher (old-crop), and wheat 6-8 cents higher. Meanwhile, new-crop corn 4-6 cents higher and soybeans are seen 7-9 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets=Trading higher.
Crude Oil=$0.45 per barrel higher
Dollar=Lower.
Wall Street=Seen higher, as China's weakening economy pressure fades on the market.

World=Asia/Pacific stocks were lower and Europe's stocks are higher.

More in a minute,

Mike

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Re: Floor Talk June 25

Rice planting finishing up around here and the rainy season finally made it. Has rained everyday for the last week. Mike, I found a pic I took on the farm back in Iowa to submit so no worry about this one showing up in the contest. :smileyhappy:

iphone 015.JPG

Thanks for all you do!

Community Manager
marketeye

At 8am:

Here is how Jeff Coleman, Trean Group analyst, sees what went on overnight and a thought about today's market.

In his own words:  "The big three grain markets all traded higher overnight, with the corn and wheat futures rebounding slightly from yesterday's down day and soybeans adding to their gains from yesterday. July and December corn futures, which ended yesterday 8.5 and 9.75 cents lower yesterday, respectively, are trading up a nickel as persistent rains throughout the Midwest, especially Iowa, have some traders worried that yields might be affected. July and December wheat futures also rebounded a nickel, after posting 19 and 15 cent losses yesterday. July soybeans are up 3.5 cents, after gaining 18.75 cents yesterday and November soybean futures are up almost a dime this morning. The overnight rebound in the global financial markets is also helping grains to rally," he says.

Mike

Community Manager
marketeye

treefmr,

Is that a riding lawmower the guy is using to plant that rice? And, what size of a field is he planting? Just curious. And thanks for entering the "Farm Beautiful Contest". I would think everyone would want to send in a photo of their farm for a chance to win that big lawnmower. I wish I could enter. Wait, I wish I had a farm to take a picture of?

Great to hear from you and thanks again for serving the United States of America. I'm free, feeding my twin boys, driving my car to work, getting my favorite cup of coffee and cinnamon roll, mowing my own yard, because of what you are doing and what others have done before you. Thanks and stay safe!

Mike

Senior Contributor
too close for comfort

July and December corn futures, which ended yesterday 8.5 and 9.75 cents lower yesterday, respectively, are trading up a nickel as persistent rains throughout the Midwest, especially Iowa, have some traders worried that yields might be affected.

Yields MIGHT BE affected?

Veteran Contributor
farm-n-hawk

[ Edited ]

No kidding.:smileysurprised:

All you can do is shake your head and say WOW

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

Thank you for all the kind words Mike!

Most fields here are built into the mountain sides so very small. Not many over an acre but lots of them! Actually this is the largest planter I have seen. Some are even walk behind models! I should be here for harvest this year, wait till you see the size of the harvestors!
Good night.