Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk March 17

[ Edited ]

First off -- Happy St. Patrick's Day! Or as I call it: `The Day Before My Wife's Birthday!' Always good to have that reminder. 

Beans and grains were pretty much unchanged overnight, all losing or gaining less than a penny, as investors are either already on the green beer in Chicago or they can't decide to focus on the healthy corn export sales report or South American production. Wheat weather isn't getting any better as a fire watch has been put into effect this weekend for parts of the southern Plains. The freezing weather in parts of the eastern Midwest continues with temps again expected to be in the teens and lower 20s overnight. Meanwhile in Austin, South by Southwest rolls on -- they parked a Tito's Vodka truck in a field behind our house last night and had an impromptu pop-up bar and concert. Free vodka and live music. Can't beat that. 

Here's what happened overnight:

Brent Crude Oil = 0.5% higher. 

West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil = 0.6% higher.

Dollar = up 0.1%.

Wall Street = U.S. stock futures mixed in pre-market trading.

World Markets = Global stocks higher on stronger oil prices. 

Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk March 17

Morning Tony - Just one question here - you said : had an impromptu pop-up bar and concert

The band didn't happen to be ZZ Top did it ?

2. Good spot on the Weather Channel last night - they were in Georgia - The Blue crop bloomed 6 to 8 weeks early and now the record cold - They were burning big round baled to raise the temps in there fields . They were " Guessing " that they would lose  60 to 70 percent of there early crop and would have a big impact on our supply of them - I guess I didn't know that Georgia was a big blue berry producer .

Advisor

Ken, its a good thing Michigan is #1 in blueberry production Smiley Happy

Senior Advisor

Yep - Good thing - lol

Veteran Contributor

Ha actually I have no idea who it was. I live right next to Arlyn Studios where everybody from Willie Nelson to the Foo Fighters to rock and rap artists have recorded. It was probably someone famous and I didn't even know about it. I'm old and was in bed early. 

Advisor

Announced!

Southwest Invasion 2017 - Artist Lineup and Set Times

tonight and tomorrow - FREE VODKA!?!?!