Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Re: Floor Talk March 6

The wait is now over 60 days. Who would or could wait that long for needed supply? Brazilians can grow it, sell it fairly easily, but struggle shipping it. U.S. farmers can grow it, ship it, but find selling (marketing) it the hardest.

Mike

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Or maybe..............they will secretly ship soybeans underwater......

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

I'm getting old and slow. I had not put that together.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
luisvieira

sw363535,

You are right.

And other aspect is that this is not the focus of the current government. Their largest political base is in Northeast part of the country,  which is much more poor then the rest, and tons of money are being put there. Transferring money programs, infrastructure, new schools, health care, etc...

Ports would improve in efficiency if they are privatized (my opinion), as was previously announced, but it seems that here is created other conflict with other political base of the current government: union workers. It seems the union guys will create unrest if the ports are privatized.

Of course, the most obvious reason, is corruption...

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

thanks Luis,

I understand.

We have a similar issue the east and west coast are big populations with many economic problems.  The midwest takes care of itself pretty well so the same issue exists.

Labor,  

interesting,  I would thing the big private international companies would be able to deal with the labor issues better, having more employee choices and incentives.

sw