Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Re: Floor Talk May 9

That's all I can ask for Mike.  Appreciate the gesture.

Advisor
jrsiajdranch

anything. High quality isn't really that much more than CRP on a RFQ basis.  But if you guys are that far behind that means we have already lost alot of this years hay crop. Lots of guys up in Minnisoda and sconny land rippin up hay.  Probably why the corn mkt. is going down. It's darn dairyfarmers fault again!

Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

I know a guy buying large square bales at the old Forest City sale barn probably #800 @ $130 ..that`s around $400/ton, uff-dah!  The pastures ain`t growin` too quick.  I have a feeling the day of the 1st cutting, hay price will drop in half.

We shouldn`t have to light a candle to see the Sun.
Senior Contributor
highyields

[ Edited ]

no exports numbers yet?? 

Never mind don't post them....

I looked at the charts for July corn and to me we have to hold here and start moving higher       or else

Community Manager
marketeye

Here are a few photos that just came across my desk, this morning. The corn has been in the ground for over a month. It is located south of Griggsville, Illinois in Pike County.

IL Early Corn.png

Early corn field.png

Same field looking in two different directions. What do you think? Will it make it? What will it make?

Mike

Senior Contributor
highyields

I heard that some of the alfalfa has winter kill to it, can you confirm that?    

Advisor
c-x-1

if you harvest going away in top photo will make 160+.

but if you harvest away in bottom photo, i'd say around 135 ish?

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

CX1, now how can you tell that from 3" tall corn? Lots of growing needing to take place yet.
Advisor
c-x-1

Shaggy,

I have an EYE----let me tell you:smileyhappy:

no, just bein' funny b/c stand looks better in top photo.......gotta try to make MIKE smile as much as we can!

Senior Advisor
ECIN

LMAO Shaggy -- I'll tell how c-x-1 knew ! He  bought my book ---- Farming for Dumbies  - 4 th edition ! if I remeber right I also thru in a set of my world famous steak knife's for his little lady ! with the Corbra Skin Handels ! imported from BFE ! NO made in China chit from ECIN Publications  !