Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Re: Floor Talk November 14

JCC ------ Son of gun ! how you been ole friend ??????????? I only have 1 bin from last years --- lol -- i held back 20, 000 -- that's my crop insurance -- lol Hows everything up in the land of Milk and Honey ?? Probably had 200 bpa corn didn't yeah ? have a good one !
Senior Contributor
JCCWIS

Everything is well up here in the land of M and H........also got hit with the edge of the drought.....corn yields looked at one time to be a lot better but ended up at just 100 bu. dry corn per acre.

What  a circus over on Ag web.....I got suckered in by Iowa Corn Fraud last Fall.....answered a post of his and he came back saying he was posting from the combine !!!! Oh well....just because its on the internet doesn't mean a dumd  butt like me has to believe it !!! Have a good one !!!   John

Community Manager
marketeye

JCCWIS,

Glad to have you old friends meet again, right here on Agriculture.com. Thanks for joining us and let us all know the marketing talk feom Wisconsin. When I visited that area, during harvest, I was being told that dairyman were having to buy more of this year's corn from their neighbor than they wanted, because it was taking more to make silage. Is this still the case? How did that all shake out? I also found out that fewer farmers are in financial trouble than years past. In fact, the ole boy I was speaking with served on a bank board and he said fewer delays in loan payments made him very optimistic. What say you?

Thanks and glad to have you on the Marketeye thread,

Mike

Senior Contributor
JCCWIS

Marketeye : Where I am located and farm [eastern edge of Clark Co. along Hwy. 13 ] our yields were OK for grain and silage. North of us along Clark- Taylor co. line where I feedcows for a relatively small freestall dairy [ 250 milkers ] more and timely rains resulted in excellent yields of silage and grain. Alfalfa yields were also pretty good . On the other hand east of us in Marathon Co., ther were areas that missed the rains and had relatively poor tonage on silage. Yields varied all over the map depending on soil types and timing and amount of rain. For example , on one small 13 acre patch of soybeans ,combine yield map varied from 15 to 50 bu. with a field avg. on the monitor of 36 bu. per acre. My avg. over the scale on 100 acres was 33 bu. Corn...!00 bu. dry corn on 100 acres. Field avg.  varied from 83 to 118.......could have been a great year.....turned out to be just OK.   John

Community Manager
marketeye

JCCWIS,

Thanks for sharing.

Mike