Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk October 17

Record yields still coming in ? Post up record yields - Boy - around here - they are just common - 55 to 60 - Oh yes - I hear that there 70 -80 + plus beans around here - H-ll I even had some - for about 100 yards - lol  Looks like mine will come in right at 60 - I have talked to friends in IL and other states - about the same - no records - but good beans - So where is the Super crop of beans coming from ?  I guess my question is - What info - Are you useing for a record ? Monitor ? Elevator scales ? OR just hear say -- Just wondering here -

Honored Advisor

Beans are on sale and there is only one store with any significant sup0ly.
IF SA short crops it again and our sales continue can you say price spike?

Not one ex spurt saying anything but sell sell sell.
Usually more money being a contrayian.
Veteran Contributor

My whole farm bean yield is at least 2 bu/acre better than my best previous single field.

Veteran Advisor

#3 is completely wrong. They are buying now so that they don't need to buy as much later when they are in negotiations. They are not as dumb as your #3 would assume. Since it is basically 1928 in China, maybe it is just a good ole fashioned buying spree. Get it before the currency collapses maybe....lots of reasons to buy ahead when money is free. Who knows...

Or maybe they just want to avoid the almost always occurring post harvest bounce?

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

No records here, other than the time of getting this bean crop harvested!! Might get 16 in the books today.....  Maybe???  We've had good weather, other than a few days here and there...

Still gonna be good beans!!! Gonna to be in that 67-68 bu avg. for the entire bean crop, but that's 5-6 bu off of 15 crop.

Everyone have a safe harvest!!!... Things can go bad in a blink of eye...

Veteran Advisor

ECin, in general, bean yields in Indiana are fantastic. 860 of one variety averaged 66.5, whole farm (with one field to go) is pushing 65 which is way above a 58 average, and includes the hit of planting late and in the mud. you asked...sorry your area is disappointing. Our corn is pretty disappointing.

Senior Advisor

Thanks Time for the report - I was not be 'n' a smart rear with my post - Just wondering where the good beans were - Everything here - as I posted were just pretty common - Corn about the same here - I had fields yield from 160 to 194 and the - this counted the end rows and under tree's - I did reset the the monitor to just the in field stuff - like we did on the plot's to measure them out .

Got results from Dr Wise and Dr Camberator last week - Some pretty interesting info came out this year - Will post it up when all has been contacted with the results .

Be safe everybody !

Honored Advisor

Started beans this late afternoon, made it a little over half way around an eighty five acre field, tough stems, slow going 25 ' cut.

Beeper went off on grain tank then master link on rock trap drive failed. Monitor ran from 68 to 89 quite a bit in the eighties.

Just on the edge. Looks good out in the field. (Hopper holds 275 of corn)

Honored Advisor

Just a few weeks ago we were told how the soybean stocks in China were a dismal reality for the market....

Sounds like the China carry isn't evena dismal reality to China.....

Honored Advisor

At the rate they are being bought from us what is the chance we will over sell our supplies?

Or at least all the carry over.