Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
marketeye

Floor Talk October 4

[ Edited ]

At the close:

The Dec. corn futures contract settled 4 cents higher at $4.43. The Nov. soybean futures contract closed 7 cents higher at $12.95. Dec. wheat futures closed 2 cents lower at $6.87 per bushel. The Dec. soymeal futures ended $3.10 per short ton higher at $418.40. The Dec. soyoil futures settled $0.03 lower at $40.24. 

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is $0.32 per barrel higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are 70 points higher.

Mike

---------

At the open:

The Dec. corn futures contract opened 3/4 of a cent higher at $4.40. The Nov. soybean futures contract opened 4 cents lower at $12.84. Dec. wheat futures started 1/2 of a cent lower at $6.88 per bushel. The Dec. soymeal futures opened $0.50 per short ton lower at $414.80. The Dec. soyoil futures opened $0.31 lower at $39.96. 

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil is higher, the dollar is higher and the Dow Jones Industrials are higher.

Mike

--------

At 7:15 am:

Early calls: Corn is seen 1-2 cents higher, soybeans 5-7 cents lower, and wheat 1-2 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets=Trading mostly higher.
Crude Oil=$0.37 per barrel higher.
Dollar=Higher.
Wall Street=Seen trading higher, as investors await a solution to the U.S. government shutdown. Congress failed to meet a budget agreement deadline.

World Markets=Asia/Pacific stocks were lower, Europe stocks lower.

More in a minute,

Mike

Senior Contributor
highyields

Re: Floor Talk October 4

[ Edited ]

Hey Marketeye can the US still export grain with the USDA shut down?  I know the meat inspectors are still working so I didn't know if there was USDA export inspectors for grain, or even imports of good.  Can the US still import goods through customs?  

Just trying to figure what could happen next.  

I can't find any info about it. the National grains council said they might not getting funding for some programs.